6% Dearness Allowance hike from January 2015 for Tamilnadu State Govt Pensioners
Tamilnadu State Government Pensioners and Family Pensioners to get increase of 6% Dearness Allowance from January 2015 – Orders issued
Govt of Tamilnadu has issued GO for revised rate of DA for the Pensioners and Family Pensioners from 01.01.2015. The GO is reproduced.
FINANCE [Pension] DEPARTMENT
G.O.No.128, Dated 27th April 2015.
(Manmatha, Chithirai-14, Thiruvalluvar Aandu-2046)
PENSION/FAMILY PENSION – Dearness Allowance to the Pensioners and Family Pensioners – Revised rate admissible from 1st January 2015 – Orders – Issued.
1. G.O.Ms.No.246, Finance (Pension) Department, dated: 10-10-2014.
2. G.O.Ms.No.121,Finance (Allowances) Department,dated: 22-04-2015.
3. Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare, New Delhi’s Office Memorandum F.No.42/10/2014-P&PW(G), dated: 27-04-2015.
In the Government Order first read above, orders were issued sanctioning the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government Pensioners / Family Pensioners as detailed below:-
|Date from which payable||Revised rate of Dearness
Allowance ( per month)
With effect from
107% of Pensi on / Family
In the Government Order second read above, orders were issued sanctioning the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government employees from 107% to 113% with effect from 1st January, 2015
2. The Government of India, in its Office Memorandum third read above has enhanced the Dearness Allowance payable to its Pensioners / Family Pensioners from 107% to 113% with effect from 1st January, 2015.
3. Following the orders issued by the Government of India, the Government has now decided to sanction one additional instalment of Dearness Allowance at the rate of 6% to the Pensioners / Family Pensioners of the State with effect from 1-1-2015. Accordingly, the Government sanction the revised rate of Dearness Allowance to the State Government Pensioners / Family Pensioners as indicated below:-
Date from which payable
Revised rate of Dearness
1st January, 2015
113% of Pension / Family Pension
4. The Government also direct that the increase in Dearness Allowance shall be paid in cash to the Pensioners / Family Pensioners with effect from 1-1-2015.
5. While arriving at the revised Dearness Allowance, fraction of a rupee shall be rounded off to the next higher rupee if such fraction is 50 paise and above and shall be ignored if it is less than 50 paise. It will be the responsibility of the Pension Disbursing Authority including Public Sector Banks to calculate the quantum of Dearness Allowance payable in each individual case.
6. Pending formal authorisation by the Principal Accountant General, the revised Dearness Allowance shall be paid straightaway by the Pension Pay Officer, Chennai-6, Treasury Officers and Public Sector Banks concerned.
7. This order will apply to the following categories of pensioners:-
(i) Government Pensioners, Teacher Pensioners of aided and local body educational institutions and other pensioners of local bodies.
(ii) The State Government employees who had drawn lumpsum payment on absorption in Public Sector Undertaking / Autonomous Body / Local Body / Co-operative institution and have become entitled to restoration of 1/3rd commuted portion of pension as well as revision of the restored amount.
(iii) Present and future family pensioners; In the case of divisible family pensioners, Dearness Allowance shall be divided proportionately.
(iv) Former Travancore-Cochin State pensioners drawing their pension on 1st November, 1956 in the Treasuries situated in the areas transferred to Tamil Nadu State on that date, i.e. Kanniyakumari District and Shencottah taluk of Tirunelveli District.
(v) Pensioners who are in receipt of special pensions under Extra- ordinary Pension Rules, Tamil Nadu and Compassionate Allowance.
8. The expenditure on Dearness Allowance payable to the Pensioners and Family Pensioners shall be debited to the following Heads of Account respectively:
“2071. Pension and Other Retirement Benefits – 01. Civil – 101. Superannuation and Retirement Allowances – I. Non-Plan – AC. Dearness Allowance to Pensioners – 03. Dearness Allowance (D.P. Code 2071 01 101 AC 0306)”
“2071. Pension and Other Retirement Benefits – 01. Civil – 105. Family Pensions – I. Non-plan – AC. Dearness Allowance to Family Pensioners of Tamil Nadu Government – 03. Dearness Allowance (D.P. Code 2071 01 105 AC 0308) “.
9. Orders regarding sanction of Dearness Allowance to the widows and children of the deceased Contributory Provident Fund / Non Pensionable Establishment beneficiaries of State Government and the former District Board who are drawing ex-gratia will be issued separately.
10. The increased expenditure due to the sanction of Dearness Allowance in this order is allocable among the successor States as per the provisions laid down under the State Reorganization Act, 1956.
(BY ORDER OF THE GOVERNOR)
PRINCIPAL SECRETARY TO GOVERNMENT