Refusal of promotion – BSNL Order
Refusal of promotion – BSNL Order – Refusal of promotion by the employee cannot be construed as a right and its acceptance by the Competent Authority can also not be taken for granted.
(A Govt. Of India Enterprise)
Subject: Refusal of promotion – guidelines thereof.
As per the HR policy in BSNL, promotions are being granted in various grades with the approval/ acceptance of the appropriate competent authority. Promotions are important from both individual’s as well as Organization’s perspective and forrns a mutually obligatory aspect of the employer-employee relationship. Therefore, refusal of promotion by the employee cannot be construed as a right and its acceptance by the Competent Authority can also not be taken for granted.
Accordingly, it has been decided that any case of refusal of promotion shall be dealt on the following lines:-
- A BSNL employee should be willing to accept higher responsibilities through promotions as decided by the competent authority.
- Refusal of promotion is not a right of the executive. Any order of promotion may not be refused by the executive normally.
- In exceptional cases, an executive may request in writing for refusal of promotion with sufficient reasons. But the request in writing for refusal of promotion shall be effective only with the concurrence of the Appointing Authority after taking all the aspects into consideration.
- If the reasons adduced for refusal of promotion are accepted by the Appointing Authority, the executive will not be considered for any promotion (either regular or adhoc promotions or even look after arrangement) for a period of one year or till the preparatlon of next panel, whichever is later, from the date of such refusal.
- In the case of regular promotion being refused by the executive and refusal being accepted by the Appointing Authority, on the eventual promotion to the higher grade, such an executive will lose seniority vis-a-vis his juniors promoted to the higher grade earlier.
- In cases where the reasons adduced by the officer for his refusal for promotion are not acceptable to the Appointing Authority, then the promotion order shall be enforced upon the executive through an order. If the executive still refuses promotion, then even disciplinary action can be taken against the executive for refusing to obey the order.
This issues with the approval of competent authority.
Asst. General Manager (Pers.I)