Guidelines to Circles for dealing with the rising Covid infections: DOP
Guidelines to Circles for dealing with the rising Covid infections – Ensure strict compliance of Covid appropriate behavior: Department of Posts OM dated 16.04.2021
File No: AD-91/18/2020-Admin
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110 001.
Dated: 16th April, 2021
Sub: Guidelines to Circles for dealing with the rising Covid infections
Considering the fact that Postal services are essential Services and are required to continue un-hindered during any partial lockdown or restrictions imposed by the respective State/UT Governments, the Postal Circles are hereby directed to kindly adhere to the following broad guidelines:
- All offices must ensure strict compliance of Covid appropriate behavior viz. frequent washing of hands, use of sanitizers, wearing of masks, observing social distancing etc at all times.
- Heads of offices must ensure non-crowding in public hall, counters, corridors, canteens, parking etc.
- All employees of the age of 45 years and above may get themselves vaccinated, so as to effectively contain the spread of COVID-19.
- Depending on local conditions, HoCs may decide on introducing staggered office entry and exit timings in their Circles, in order to avoid overcrowding.
- Some percentage of staff working in administrative offices can be allowed to Work from Home. Officials working from home should also be available on telephone/email etc and should make themselves available in office as and when required, even at short notice, considering the exigencies of work.
- Meetings, as far as possible, shall be conducted on video-conferencing.
- Proper cleaning and frequent sanitization of the workplaces must be ensured.
- All employees/workers be directed to ensure strict compliance of instructions on COVID appropriate behavior issued by MHA, MoH&FW and DoP&T from time to time.
- Bio metric attendance shall continue to be suspended and physical attendance registers to be maintained until further orders.
Assistant Director General (Admin.)