Extension of Special concessions / incentives to the Central Government employees working in Kashmir Valley for a further period of three years with effect from 01.08.2021: DOPT
No. A-24011/22/2022-Estt. (Leave)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
New Delhi, the 12 September, 2022
Subject: Extension of Special concessions / incentives to the Central Government employees working in Kashmir Valley in attached / subordinate offices or PSUs falling under control of the Central Government for a further period of three years with effect from 01.08.2021- regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s O.M. no. 18016/3/ 2018-Estt.(L) dated 14.10.2020 on the subject mentioned above and to state that it has been decided by the competent authority to extend the package of concessions/ incentives to Central Government employees working in Kashmir Valley for a further period of three years with effect from 01.08.2021. The package for the period of three years with effect from 01.08.2021 is as per Annexure.
2. The package of incentives is uniformly applicable to all Ministries/ Departments and PSUs under the Government of India and they should ensure strict adherence to the rates prescribed in the package. The concerned Ministry/ Department may ensure implementation and monitoring of the package in conformity with the approved package, and therefore, all court cases in which verdicts are given contrary to the package would have to be contested by the Ministries/ Departments concerned .
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Encl. As above.
ANNEXURE to DOPT’s O.M. No. A-24011/ 22/ 2022-Estt. (Leave) dated the 12th September, 2022.
DETAILS OF PACKAGE OF CONCESSIONS OR INCENTIVES TO THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES WORKING IN KASHMIR VALLEY IN ATTACHED/ SUBORDINATE OFFICES OR PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS FALLING UNDER THE CONTROL OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT.
[Kashmir Valley comprises of ten Districts namely, Anantnag, Baramulla, Budgam, Kupwara, Pulwama, Srinagar, Kulgam, Shopian, Ganderbal and Bandipora]
Extension of Special concessions / incentives to Central Government employees working in the 10 districts of Kashmir Valley for a further period three years with effect from 01.08.2021.
I. ADDITIONAL HOUSE RENT ALLOWANCES AND OTHER CONCESSIONS:
(A) EMPLOYEES POSTED IN KASHMIR VALLEY:
(i) These employees have an option to move their families to a selected place of their choice in India at Government expenses and Transport Allowance for the families allowed as admissible in permanent transfer inclusive of the Composite Transfer Grant at the rate of 80% of the last month’s basic pay.
(ii) Those employees who do not wish to move their families to a selected place of residence are paid per diem allowance of Rs. 113/ – per day for each day of attendance to compensate for any additional expense in transportation from to and from office etc., which is at par with the reimbursement of travel charges for travel within the city in terms of the Department of Expenditure OM No. 19030/11/2017-E.IV, dated 13.07.2017.
(iii) Those employees who opt to move their families to selected place of their choice in India are not eligible for per diem allowance since they avail the benefits of Composite Transfer Grant at the rate of 80 per cent of the last month’s basic pay.
(iv) The Departmental arrangements for stay, security and transportation to the place of work for employees.
(v) These employees shall be eligible for drawing House Rent Allowance provided departmental arrangement is not made for his stay. These employees shall also be eligible for drawing additional HRA at the rate of Class ‘Y’ city (16% of basic pay) except those employees who have retain Government Accommodation at their last place of posting.
(B) THE PERIOD OF TEMPORARY DUTY EXTENDED TO SIX MONTHS.
For the period of temporary duty, an incentive known as the Kashmir Valley Special Incentive will be paid at the following rates along with food charges (as per 7th Pay Commission norms), apart from departmental arrangements for stay, security and transportation:
|Pay Range||Rate Per month (on pro rata)|
|(i) Level 14 and above||Rs.9000|
|(ii) Level 12 and 13||Rs.8000|
|(iii) Level 9 to 11||Rs.7000|
|(iv) Level 6 to 8||Rs.6000|
|(v) Level 5 and below||Rs.4500|
II. MESSING FACILITIES :
Messing allowance at par with rates of ration money given to the Central Armed Police Forces personnel, at present @ Rs.97.85/- per day.
III. PAYMENT OF MONTHLY PENSION:
The Pensioners of Kashmir Valley who are unable to draw their monthly pensions through either Public Sector Banks or Pay and Accounts Office or treasuries from which they were receiving their pensions, are given pensions outside the Valley, where they have settled, in relaxation of relevant provisions.
- The package of concessions / incentives shall be admissible in Kashmir Valley comprising of ten Districts namely, Anantnag, Baramulla, Budgam, Kupwara, Pulwama, Srinagar, Kulgam, Shopian, Ganderbal and Bandipora.
- The Package of concessions / incentives shall be admissible to Temporary Status Casual Laborers working in Kashmir Valley in terms of Para-5(i) of the Casual Laborers (Grant of Temporary Status and Regularization) Scheme of Government of India, 1993.
- The benefit of additional house rent allowance admissible under the Kashmir Valley package shall be admissible to all Central Government employees posted in Kashmir Valley irrespective of whether they are natives of Kashmir Valley, if they choose to move their families anywhere in India subject to the conditions governing the grant of these allowances.
- The facilities of Messing Allowance and Per Diem Allowances shall also be allowed to natives of Kashmir Valley in terms of the Kashmir Valley package.