Travel by availing LTC in Premium Trains – Clarification
Travel by availing LTC in Premium Trains by Central Government Employees – DOPT Clarification – Reimbursement to be restricted to admissible normal fare for the entitled class
No. 31011/ 2/ 2015-Estt.(A-IV)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi-110 001
Dated: 27th January, 2015
Subject: Travel by Premium Trains on LTC- Clarification reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that several references are received by this Department from various Ministry/ Departments seeking clarification regarding admissibility of travel by Premium Trains run by Indian Railways while availing of LTC.
2. The matter has been examined in consultation with Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance and it has been decided that travel by Premium Trains is not permissible on LTC. Hence, the fare charged by the Indian Railways for the journey(s) performed by Premium trains shall not be reimbursable for the purpose of LTC. Cases where LTC travel in such Premium Trains has already been undertaken by the Central Government Employees, the train fare may be reimbursed restricting it to the admissible normal fare for the entitled class of or the actual fare paid, whichever is less.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Download DOPT Office Memorandum No. 31011/ 2/ 2015-Estt.(A-IV) dated 27.01.2015
Check the following articles for more information on LTC entitlement for Central Government Employees
- LTC Claims – DOPT OM for avoiding ineligible Leave Travel Concession
- Income Tax Exemption on LTC under Section 10 (5) of IT Act
- Air India LTC-80 Fares as on 02 March, 2015
- Air India LTC 80 Fare with effect from 2nd February 2015
- Restriction on LTC by Air Travel only in Air India Relaxed
- Travel by availing LTC in Premium Trains – Clarification
- Use of own or hired Taxi on LTC by Physically Challenged Employees
- Travel by Air with Tickets purchased from Private Agents
- Relaxation to travel by private airlines to visit J&K on LTC
- Air India LTC 80 Fare with effect from 3rd November 2014