Interim report of 7th Pay Commission – Statement of Minister
Interim report of 7th Pay Commission – Statement of Minister in the Parliament
Government’s first reply on Interim Report of 7th Pay Commission is not affirmative. 7th Pay Commission was constituted by Government in February 2014 and 7thCPC is in the process of reviewing the pay and allownaces and service matters of Central Government employees, Defence personneland Railway Employees.
As a first step, 7th Pay Commission called for Memorandum and suggestions of various federations and entities concerned with Central Government Employees on 7th Pay Commission Terms of Reference and Questionaire prepared by 7th CPC. Federations and Associations concerned with Central Government Pensioners, Defence Pensioners and Railway Pensioners were are requested to provide their suggestions and demands.
Also check the following links for Memorandum filed by various federations
- 7th CPC – AIRF announces demonstration on 27.11.2015
- Confederation to meet on 27.11.2015 to meet at National Secretariat
- 7th Pay Commission Rumours – Discarding Grade Pay system – Will it be beneficial ?
- Issues discussed in Meeting between 7th Pay Commission and NC, Staff Side JCM – INDWF reports
- 7th Pay Commission not to intervene in Running Staff Pay Element and Running Allowances – NFIR
- INDWF Proposes 7th CPC Pay Scales to 7th Pay Commission
- NFIR Oral evidence before 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission is of the view to discard Pay Band – Grade Pay System
- 7th Pay Commission meeting with JCM Staff Side – Brief of Meeting
- NFPE Leaders met 7th Pay Commission and gave Oral Evidence
- 7th Pay Commission writes to AIRF for Meeting on 7th and 8th April 2015
- 7th Pay Commission says it would try to give its report in time
- NFIR writes to 7th Pay Commission to conduct Inter-action meeting
- Funds for DA Merger and Interim Relief on 7th CPC recommendations
- Meeting of 7th Pay Commission with IRTSA
- 7th Pay Commission Memorandum submitted by NFPE on Gramin Dak Sevaks
- 7th CPC Pay Scales proposed by AIRF
- Department wise and Cadre wise 7th CPC Pay Scale proposed by NFIR
- Memorandum to 7th Pay Commission by Admin Staff Association
- Reply to 7th Pay Commission Terms Reference and Questionnaire – BPS
- Extension of 7th Pay commission benefits to Autonomous bodies
- National Joint Council of Action (Railway, Defence & Confederation) to organize massive protest dharna
- Major issues of Central Government Employees – Karnataka Confederation
- 7th Pay Commission Minimum Pay and fitment formula from 01.01.2016 – Confederation reports
- 7th Pay Commission fitment formula to be in the range of 2.72 times to 3.72 times – Confederation
- 7th Pay Commission to visit Andaman & Nicobar in Feb
- Revision of Allowances proposed by Confederation to 7th CPC
- Fitment Formula and Fixation of Pay on Promotion – Confederation’s Memorandum
- 7th Pay Commission Pay Structure Proposed by Confederation
- Lesser Pay in Higher level of 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix – Anomaly Committee Meeting Agenda
- 7th Pay Commission allowances delay on account of MCD Elections – Cabinet Secretary apprehension
- Indefinite Strike by Central Government Employees – Charter of demands
- Brief Note on JCM National Council Standing Committee Meeting held on 9th October 2015 at New Delhi.
- NC, JCM Meeting with 7th Pay Commission on 9th June 2015 – Feedback
- DoPT Meets NAC on 29.05.2015 on Merger of DA.
- Oral Evidence before VII CPC – Request for sufficient time
- Report on Staff Side JCM meeting with 7th Pay Commission on 25th Feb
- Staff Side JCM Meeting with 7th Pay Commission – Feeback of NFIR
- 7th Pay Commission to meet National Council Staff Side JCM
- 7th Pay Commission, DA Merger – National Joint Council of Action meeting
- Staff Side of JCM urges 7th Pay Commission to conduct meeting
- Merger of DA with Pay and Interim Relief – Staff Side JCM writes to 7th CPC
- Highlights of the Memorandum by JCM to 7th Pay Commission
- JCM proposal on CL, Earned Leave, Half Pay Leave, Child Care Leave, and LTC
- Proposal on Appointment on Compassionate Grounds submitted by NC, JCM to 7th CPC
- Five Promotions under MACP – JCM proposes to 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission – Housing facilities and House Building Advance proposed by JCM
- Children Education Allowance, OT and Travelling Allowance proposed by JCM to 7th CPC
- 7th Pay Commission – DA, HRA and CCA proposed by JCM
7th Pay Commission is also visiting various places throughout India to meet the entities concerned with CG Employees, Railway Employees and Pensioners.
In this background, Minister of state for Finance Shri Jayant Sinha has replied to a query by a member whether Commission proposes to submit any interim report.
The full text of this Rajya Sabha Query and reply are as follows
GOVERNMENT OF INDIAMINISTRY OF FINANCERAJYA SABHAQUESTION NO 230ANSWERED ON 25.11.2014
7th Pay Commission
230 SHRI SHANTARAM NAIK
Will the Minister of FINANCE be pleased to satate :-
a) the details of meetings, the 7th Pay Commission has taken so far and the items/issues discussed till date;
b) the States, visited, by the Commission if any till date and the States which the Commission proposes to visit;
c) whether the Commission proposes to take the views of the State Governments as regards their pay-scales since invariably, most of the States adopt the Central Pay Commission reports;
d) whether Commission proposes to submit any interim report;
e) whether the Commission proposes to make any recommendations to bring in financial transparency; and
f) if so, the details thereof?ANSWER
SHRI JAYANT SINHA
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE(a)&(b): The 7th Central Pay Commission is required to make its recommendations on its Terms of Reference. Also, the Commission is to devise its own procedure. The Commission’s Terms of Reference do not enjoin upon it to keep the Government updated on its functioning and the procedure being followed by it during the course of its deliberations.
(c ): The Terms of Reference of the Commission provide that the Commission will make its recommendations, keeping in view, inter alia, the likely impact of the recommendations on the finances of the State Governments, which usually adopt the recommendations with some modifications.
(d)to(f): The Commission is required to submit its report on its Terms of Reference. However, no Report, including any interim one, has so far been submitted by the Commission.