Deputation Allowance – 7th pay Commission Recommendations
7th CPC recommends for raising the ceiling of Deputation allowance to Rs.4500 p.m within the Station and Rs.9,000 p.m. for change of station
7th CPC report has been submitted to Central Government and recommends for hike in ceiling of deputation allowance. The details of the present condition and the recommendations are given below:
This section covers allowances that are granted to employees when they proceed on deputation.
There are three such allowances:
- (a) Deputation (Duty) Allowance for Civilians,
- (b) Deputation (Duty) Allowance for Defence Personnel and
- (c) Tenure Allowance for Railway employees posted in RDSO or Railway Board.
At present Deputation allowances are granted @ 5% of Basic Pay, subject to a ceiling of Rs.2000 p.m for within the Station and @ 10% of Basic Pay subject to a ceiling of Rs.4,000 p.m. for change of station.
In case of offices of Defence services, they have the option to either (a) draw 50 percent of deputation allowance along with service concessions or (b) draw 100 percent of deputation allowance but forego the service concessions.
Representations received that the deputation allowances be doubled and ceilings be removed. Defence officers have requested that they should be allowed to draw full deputation allowance along with the field service concessions.
Analysis and Recommendations
The Commission noted that the ceilings are not DA indexed. Hence, it is recommended that the ceilings should be raised by a factor of 2.25 to Rs.4,500 per month for deputation within the same station, and to Rs.9,000 per month for deputation involving change of station. The ceilings will further rise by 25 percent each time DA increases by 50 percent. No other changes are recommended.
- Planning Assistants should be upgraded to GP 4600 from the existing GP 4200 – 7th Pay Commission
- Technical Officers, Assistant Director Grade II (Tech), Textile Commissioner Office to be upgraded – 7th Pay Commission
- DG, Central Statistics Office to be upgraded to apex scale in the Indian Statistical Service – 7th Pay Commission
- Light House Attendants, Navigational Assistant Gr.III, II and Head Light Keeper to get higher Grade Pay
- Chemical and Metallurgical Employees to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Sr. Section Officer/Sr. Travelling Inspector of Accounts/Sr. Inspector of Stores Accounts to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Senior Technical Assistants to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission Recommendations for Pensioners
- Junior Agriculture Assistant to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Junior ECG Technicians to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Officers in accounts cadres to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Pay of Central Government Employees and Bank Employees after 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Archivists, Archivists and Scientific Officer to get Higher Grade Pay -7th CPC recommendation
- Postal Inspectors, ASPO and Supdt to get Higher Grade Pay -7th Pay Commission
- Higher Grade Pay for Sheep Shearer cum Supervisor in CSBF) -7th CPC recommendation
- Russian Translators to get more grade pay – 7th CPC recommendations
- Higher Grade Pay for Senior Dietitian and Assistant Dietetic Officer of Railways – 7th Pay Commission
- Grade Pay of Radiographers in Railways, Defence and A&N – 7th CPC recommendation
- Strength of Central Govt Pensioners as on 01.01.2014
- Central Pensioners : 37% are in the 60-70 age group
- 7th Pay Commission Report – AIRF comments
- MACP to DSC – Recommendation of 7th Pay Commission
- No increment for non-performers – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission report on PRIS
- Modified Flexible Complementing Scheme – 7th Pay Commission Report