Deputation Allowance – 7th pay Commission Recommendations
7th CPC recommends for raising the ceiling of Deputation allowance to Rs.4500 p.m within the Station and Rs.9,000 p.m. for change of station
7th CPC report has been submitted to Central Government and recommends for hike in ceiling of deputation allowance. The details of the present condition and the recommendations are given below:
This section covers allowances that are granted to employees when they proceed on deputation.
There are three such allowances:
- (a) Deputation (Duty) Allowance for Civilians,
- (b) Deputation (Duty) Allowance for Defence Personnel and
- (c) Tenure Allowance for Railway employees posted in RDSO or Railway Board.
At present Deputation allowances are granted @ 5% of Basic Pay, subject to a ceiling of Rs.2000 p.m for within the Station and @ 10% of Basic Pay subject to a ceiling of Rs.4,000 p.m. for change of station.
In case of offices of Defence services, they have the option to either (a) draw 50 percent of deputation allowance along with service concessions or (b) draw 100 percent of deputation allowance but forego the service concessions.
Representations received that the deputation allowances be doubled and ceilings be removed. Defence officers have requested that they should be allowed to draw full deputation allowance along with the field service concessions.
Analysis and Recommendations
The Commission noted that the ceilings are not DA indexed. Hence, it is recommended that the ceilings should be raised by a factor of 2.25 to Rs.4,500 per month for deputation within the same station, and to Rs.9,000 per month for deputation involving change of station. The ceilings will further rise by 25 percent each time DA increases by 50 percent. No other changes are recommended.
- Who are entitled to 7th Pay Commission additional Bunching increment ?
- 7th Pay Commission Pension for Pre-2016 Pensioners – CPAO instructions
- 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation based on Notional Pay – Procedure envisaged by Finance Ministry
- Revision of 7th Pay Commission Pension on notional pay – Confederation’s Analysis
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Fixation based on notional pay fixed in 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix – Illustrations
- Revised 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation for Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners – Orders issued
- 7th Pay Commission related expenditure may be met by Income Disclosure II
- Payment of arrears on ad-hoc basis of pay to Defence Forces
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Increase in Basic Pay meagre but expected gains out of other compensation, a solace
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision in 7th CPC report expected to be made by Empowered Committee
- 7th Pay Commission News – Who are to be benefited more in terms of higher pay ?
- 7th Pay Commission report on DA, CEA, FPA, NPA, OTA and other Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of Earned Leave
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Issues to be addressed
- Family Planning Allowance be abolished – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission’s Report on Leave Travel Concession (LTC)
- 7th Pay Commission’s suggestions on NPS
- 7th Pay Commission Report to be processed by Empowered Committee – Finance Ministry Order
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Store Keeper (Tech) and Asst Store Keeper to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Karnataka Pensioners associations views on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC to get next higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Comparison of Pay between Central Government Civilian and Defence Forces Officers
- Higher Grade Pay for Railway Commercial clerk, Reservation Clerk and ticket checking staff