Regularization of allotment of residences on re-posting at the last place of posting
Revised guidelines for regularization of allotment of residences on re-posting at the last place of posting – OM dated 26.09.2016
Government of India
Ministry of Urban Development
Directorate of Estates
New Delhi – 110 108.
Dated the 26th September, 2016
Subject: Revised guidelines for regularization of allotment of residences on re- posting at the last place of posting.
Reference is invited to the Directorate of Estates O.M No.12035/21/95- Pol.ll dated 10.8.2010 regarding regularization of allotment of residences on re-posting at the last place of posting. The issue has been re-considered in this Directorate and it has now been decided by the competent authority that henceforth regularization in cases of reposting will only be done, if the following clauses are fulfilled:
1. The allottee has reported the fact of his transfer to ineligible office within one month of transfer to Directorate of Estates.
2. The allottee has been granted retention as per rules.
3. The allottee has been posted back and has joined duty at the station where he has been allowed to retain the accommodation within the period of retention of accommodation allowed, irrespective of coverage of his date of priority.
4. ln case the allottee has been re-posted to tire last place of posting beyond the permissible period of retention, regularization of the same accommodation shall be considered only if the date of priority is covered and the allottee pays the damages at the prevalent telescopic rates of damages as per OM No.18011/1/2015-Pol.lll dated 22.7.2016, for the intervening period i.e: from date of expiry of maximum permissible retention period till the date of reposting to the last place of posting.
5. All arrears have been cleared.
This OM supersedes OMs dated 24.10.1985, 1.8.1989, 4.12.1995, 11.3.1996, 31.8 2001, 10.8.2010 and any other OMs on the subject and would be applicable to all cancellations done for transfer to ineligible office on or after the date of issue of this OM.
Deputy Director of Estates(policy)