GPF and other Provident Fund Interest Rates reduced to 7.1% from April 2020 to June 2020
GPF and other Provident Fund Interest Rates were 7.9% from January to March 2020
Revised GPF Interest Rates from April 2020 – General Provident Fund, Contributory Provident Fund, All India Services Provident Fund, State Railway Provident Fund, Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund etc
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
New Delhi, the 7th April, 2020
It is announced for general information that during the year 2020-2021, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.1% (Seven point one percent) w.e.f. 1st April, 2020 to 30th June, 2020. This rate will be in force w.e.f. 1st April, 2020. The funds concerned are:
- The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
- The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
- The All India Services Provident Fund.
- The State Railway Provident Fund.
- The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
- The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
- The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
- The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
- The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
- The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
2. Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.
Deputy Secretary(Budget) —