Representation from Railway servants on service matters
Railway employees should refer the service grievance matters to the Superior or the department head where he or she is working.
Ministry of Railways reiterated that Representing to PM Office or any other external influence is violation of the existing service rules.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. E(D&A) 2015 GS1-6
New Delhi, 29.12.2015
The General Manager(P)
All Indian Railways and
Production Units etc.
(As per standard list).
Sub: Representation from Railway servants on service matters – reiteration of instructions – regarding
Attention is invited to Railway Board’s letter no. E(D&A) dated 25.05.2010 whereby copies of Railway Board’s earlier instructions and Department of Personnel and Training’s Office Memoranda on the above subject were circulated on the Railways.
2. In this regard, Department of Personnel and Training has issued O.M. No.11013/08/2013-Estt.(A-III) dated 31.08.2015, reiterating the earlier instructions issued in this regard. Rule 3(1)(iii) of the Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964 referred to in para 3 of the O.M. dated 31.08.2015 corresponds to Rule 3(1)(III) of Railway Services (Conduct) Rules 1966. The Department of Personnel and Training’s O.M. dated dated 06.06.2013, referred to in para 1 of their of their above O.M. is available at their website ‘persmin.nic.in/DOPT.asp’ under ‘OMs & Orders – ‘Vigilance’ – ‘CCS(Conduct) Rules’.
3. It is reiterated that all concerned are required to strictly comply with the aforesaid instructions and violation(s) may entail suitable action.
4. Please acknowledge receipt. Hindi Version will follow.
Dy. Director Estt.(D&A)
Government of Linda
Ministry of personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Establishment A-III Desk
North Block, New Delhi
Dated August 31,2015
Subject : Representation from Government servant on service matters – reiteration of instructions – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to O.M of even number dated 6th June, 2013 wherein instructions have been issued on submission of representation by Government servants about their service matters. In spite of these instructions, it has been observed that Government servants including officers/ officials of para military forces and Army personnel continue to represent directly to the Prime Minister, Minister, Secretary (P) and other higher authorities directly.
2. As per the existing instructions, wherever, in any matter connected with his service rights or conditions, a Government servant wishes to press a claim or to seek redressal of a grievance, the proper course for him is to address his Immediate official superior, or Head of his office, or such other authority at the appropriate level who is competent to deal with the matter in the organisation.
3. Such submission of representations directly to other authorities by passing the prescribed channel of communication, has to be reviewed seriously and appropriate disciplinary action should be taken against those who violate these instructions. This can rightly be treated as an unbecoming conduct attracting the provisions of Rule 3(1)(iii) of the Central Civil Services (Conduct) Rules, 1964. It is Clarified that this would include all
forms of communication including through e-mails or public grievances portal etc.
4. Attention in this connection is also invited to the provision of Rule 20 of CCS (Conduct Rules, 1964 prohibiting Government servants from bringing outside influence in respect of matter pertaining to his service matter. Representation by relatives of Government servant is also treated as outside influence as clarified vide MHA OM No.F.25/21/63~Estt.(A) dated 19.09.1963.
5. It is reiterated that these instructions may be brought to the notice of all Govt. servants including officers/ officials of para military forces and member of armed forces and action taken against those who violate these instructions.