Physical verification of Railway Pensioners at Banks – Railway Board Order RBA No. 34/2023 dated 09.11.2023
भारत सरकार Government of India
रेल मंत्रालय Ministry of Railways
रेलवे बोर्ड (Railway Board)
No. 2010/AC-II/21/10 Pt IV (Vol-ii)
New Delhi, dated: 09.11.2023
All Zonal Railways/PUs
Sub:- Physical verification of Railway Pensioners at Banks.
Ref: Board’s letter no. 2020/AC-II/21/3 dated 25.08.2023
Board, vide letter cited above, has issued Comprehensive guidelines for the nation-wise Digital life Certificate campaign, 2.0 November 1-30,2023. DyCAO/G of all Zonal Railways/PUs were also nominated for this purpose. Now that digital modes are also available to a pensioner for submission of Life certificate viz. Jeevan Pramaan, Submission of Life Certificate form signed by any ‘designated official’, Doorstep service for submission of DLC through Postman, Doorstep Banking , DLC through Face authentication technology etc. for Railway Pensioners also, there is a need to carry out verification of all Railway Pensioners who have submitted their Life Certificates this year also in any of these modes to ensure close monitoring of pension payments and timely submission of Life Certificate.
Therefore, all Zonal Railways/PUs are advised to carry out the exercise of physical verification of Railway Pensioners at the PDAs this year also by forming a team comprising staff of Accounts and personnel Department. A suggestive checklist of the points to be verified is also attached for ready reference. In addition, in respect of such pensioners who have submitted Life Certificates in digital form, the relevant details from the banks records shall be sought from the PDAs and verified.
The outcome reports may be submitted to Board in the following format by 20.12.2023 by mail @ ajay.bartwal[at]gov.in.
|Name of the pension disbursing Bank
|Total No. of Railway Pension accounts at the bank
|Number of Pension accounts verified at the bank
|Number of pensioners who submitted LC in physical form
|Number of pensioners who submitted LC in digital form
|Nature of discrepancy detected, if any
|Remedial action/ corrective action taken/ proposed to be taken
After conclusion of this exercise, the nominated Railway official shall jointly sign certificate with the bank bringing out the number of pensioners/family pensioners drawing pension/family pension from the branch and amount of pension paid for the previous month and current month.
DA: As above
signed by Basant Kumar Singh
Date: 09-11-2023 18:39:24
(Basant K. Singh)
Pr. Executive Director/Accounts
Copy to: 1.PFAs/PCPOs for kind information and necessary action.
2. CMDs of all banks disbursing Railway Pension with a request to issue suitable advisory to the concerned.
3. CGM/RBI/Mumbai for kind information.
SUGGESTED CHECKLIST FOR GUIDANCE OF STAFF NOMINATED FOR VERIFICATION OF PENSION AT THE BANKS
- The employees deputed to the particular branch should carry the latest debit scroll with the names of the pensioners to verify its correctness with bank records.
- 100% matching of demographic details of the pensioners including bank account number with that of the bank.
- Physical verification of the pensioner will be checked w.r.t:-
- Life certificate (physical /digital).
- PPO details — confirm the personal details and details of his/her dependants.
- Proof/Authenticity of the certificate of dependency in case of dependents drawing family pension.
- Bank account number
- Whether payment of revised pension has been commenced.
- Admissibility of DR to the pensioner who are permanently absorbed in PSUs.
- Additional quantum of pension w.r.t date of birth of the pensioner/family pensioner.
- Any other item which the FA&CAO may consider fit.
- After conclusion of this exercise, the nominated railway official will jointly sign certificate with the bank that _____ number of pensioners/family pensioners are drawing pension from the branch and the debit for the month of November, 2019 is _______.
Source: Indian Railways