Timely processing of pension and issue of PPOs to Defence Civilian Personnel: PCDA (Pension) Circular No. C-218 dated 04.02.2022
Government of India
Ministry of Defence (Finance)
O/o THE PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS (PENSIONS)
DRAUPADI GHAT, ALLAHABAD- 211014
Circular No. C-218
(All Head of Department under Min. of Defence)
Sub:- Timely processing of pension and issue of PPOs to Defence Civilian Personnel.
As per direction of competent authority after implementation of project SPARSH, all types of claims of pensionary awards (viz. Service, Family and Disability Pension) to Defence Civilian Personnel are being processed through SPARSH only w.e.f. 01.08.2021.
2. In this regard, Ministry of Defence has conveyed that due to Non-adherence of timeline for processing of pension papers and non-issuance of PPOs in time creates further delays in sanction of retirement dues and other pensionary awards. The delay in issuance of PPO and further retirement entitlements cause unnecessary agony and hardship to the individuals and their families. This situation sometimes forces the individuals to float grievances or file litigations.
3. In view of the above, it is stressed upon to all concerned for timely submission of all types of claims to this office through SPARSH for timely notification of PPOs well in advance of their superannuation to avoid further delays. Moreover, for death in service cases, efforts may be made to obtain all necessary documents from the NOK promptly, so as to initiate family case on SPARSH within one week on death to avoid any delay.
4. A copy of this circular is also available on the website of this office www.pcdapension.nic.in.
CDA (P) has seen.
(Rajendra Kumar Gupta)
1. The CGDA, Ulan Batar Road Palam, Delhi Cantt-10
2. All Pr. CDA /CDA / C of F&A (Fys)/CDA (Fund)
3. All G.M. Fys.
4. All CE/Nodal CE of various Commands. sd/-
(A. K. Saroj)