Subscriber Centric Services through DigiLocker for NPS stakeholders: PFRDA Circular dated 27.07.2022
PENSION FUND REGULATORY AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Circular No: PFRDA/2022/16/SUP CRA/4
27th July 2022
& other stake holders for information
Subject: Subscriber Centric Services through DigiLocker-reg
DigiLocker is the flagship initiative of Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY) under Digital India program. It’s a Digital Empowerment tool, which provides access to authentic digital documents to Citizens. The issued documents in DigiLocker are treated at par with original physical documents as per Rule 9A of the Information Technology (Preservation and Retention of Information by Intermediaries providing Digital Locker facilities) Rules, 2016 notified on February 8, 2017 vide G.S.R. 711(E).
2. Central Record Keeping Agencies (CRAs) appointed by PFRDA have integrated their system with DigiLocker in order to provide Subscriber Centric Services.
3. DigiLocker offers the following benefits to NPS stakeholders:
i. Access of ePRAN card through DigiLocker for existing subscribers (by searching ePRAN in Digilocker).
ii. Access of Account Statement through DigiLocker for existing subscribers (by searching Account Statement in DigiLocker).
iii. Undertaking KYC for NPS account opening for prospective subscribers. (Process attached as Annexure).
Benefits to NPS Intermediaries
i. Reduction in the administrative overheads due to paperless interface and verification process.
ii. Authenticity of issued documents: The issued documents are made available in DigiLocker are fetched on real-time directly from the issuing agency.
iii. Secured Document Gateway: DigiLocker acts as a secure document exchange platform like payment gateway between trusted issuer and trusted requester/ CRA with the consent of the citizen.
iv. Real Time Verification: DigiLocker provides a verification module enabling CRA to verify data directly from issuers after obtaining user consent.
Currently the following services have been made available by the respective CRAs through DigiLocker Account —
i. Protean e-Governance Technologies CRA (PCRA) — Subscribers of the CRA can view their e-PRAN card.
ii. KFin Technologies CRA (KCRA)- Subscribers of the CRA can view their PRAN card & Account Statement. The prospective subscribers can also open NPS account through Aadhaar — DigiLocker integration.
iii. Computer Age Management Services CRA (CCRA)- Prospective subscribers of CCRA can open NPS account through Aadhaar – Digi locker integration.
5. Process for undertaking KYC for NPS Account opening through DigiLocker is attached as Annexure A for ready reference.
(K. Mohan Gandhi)
Chief General Manager
Annexure – as above
Process for Aadhaar based KYC Through DigiLocker
- For DigiLocker based KYC process, subscriber will click on the “Online Aadhaar” option and a popup will be opened where subscriber needs to enter the Aadhaar.
- OTP will be received on the linked mobile number.
- Subscriber will submit the OTP and consent.
- Aadhaar XML will fetched from DigiLocker and Subscriber demographic details (Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Mobile no, Address and Photo) displayed to subscriber.
- Other mandatory details need to be filled up and proceed for online payment to complete the registration.