Digitization of Pension process and discontinuation of physical PPO – CGA
Digitization of Pension process and discontinuation of physical PPO – 100% implementation of e-PPO: CGA OM dated 08.06.2021
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Office of Controller General of Accounts
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
E-Block, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi
Subject: Digitization of Pension process and discontinuation of physical PPO -reg.
Reference is invited to this office OM of even no. 603 dated 4th December, 2020 wherein it was intimated that O/o CGA is in the process of discontinuation of physical PPO and 100% implementation of e-PPO. In order to achieve this pensioner facilitation measure following action(s) are to be completed in a time bound manner by all Pr. CCAs/ CCAs/ CAs(IC).
2. Physical PPOs and e-PPOs are currently processed and forwarded in parallel to ensure credit of pension. In this regard all PAOs to compare and validate that e-PPO and physical PPO has no difference.
3. Any variations for the previous year are to be reported to CCAs and this office by CPAO by 15 June 2021 for corrective action. Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs (IC) may review these cases within a week of receipt.
4. Necessary orders will be issued by O/o CGA to discontinue Physical PPO for superannuation pension by 1st July in Phase I. Other pension categories will follow afterwords.
5. Therefore, all Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs UIC) are, requested to ensure that 100% issue of e-PPO should take place for superannuation pension cases under PAOs of their jurisdiction.
6. Any technical issues in this regard may be intimated to this office with detailed reasons by 15th of June 2021.
This issues with the approval of CGA.
(Ashish Kumar Singh)
Dy. Controller General of Accounts