Revised APAR grading for MACP – Date of Effect and overall grading to decide MACP
Two import Clarification for MACP to Central Government Employees – Only for MACP effective on after 25th July 2016, APAR Grading needs to be “very good” – Overall Grading only will decide grant of MACP
Circular No: 20-Staff Wing/2018
No. 699-Staff (Entt.-I)/52(Part.II)-2018
OFFICE OF THE COMPTROLLER &
AUDITOR GENERAL OF INDIA
9, DEEN DAYAL UPADHYAYA MARG,
NEW DELHI – 110 124
DATE: 05 JUL 2018
1. All the Heads of Department in IA&AD,
As per mailing list (except overseas Audit Offices),
2. Director General (Commercial-I)-Local,
3. Principal Director (Headquarters)-Local.
Subject: – Enhancement of benchmark from “Good” to “Very Good” for grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme.
Attention is invited to Department of Personnel and Training’s O.M No. 35034/3/2015-Estt.(D) dated 28.09.2016 whereby the benchmark for grant of financial upgradation under MACP has been enhanced to “Very Good” with effect from 25.04.2016.
2. In this regard, various references are being received regarding the applicability of O.M dated 28.09.2016 for determining the eligibility for grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme by the Departmental Screening Committee.
3. The matter was taken up with the Ministry and it has been clarified that the aforesaid O.M dated 28.09.2016 is applicable with effect from 25.07.2016 i.e the date of issue of Government Resolution by the Department of Expenditure. Therefore, in cases where MACP falls due on or after 25.07.2016, the revised benchmark of “Very Good” is to be followed. In other words, the overall grading of the APARs reckonable for grant of MACP should be at least “Very Good”.
4. Regarding assessing the ‘overall grading’ of APARs, it has been clarified that guidelines/instructions issued by DoP&T with regard to method of assessment by Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) are applicable in cases of Departmental Screening Committee (DSC) for grant of financial upgradations under ACP/MACP Schemes. Hence, the principle adopted by DPCs for arriving at “Overall grading” (“Very Good” in case of MACP) may be adopted by the DSC also.
5. It is, therefore, requested that grant of financial upgradation under MACP Scheme may be processed in light of the above clarification.
6. Receipt of this circular may please be acknowledged.
AUDITOR GENERAL OF INDIA circular No. 699-Staff (Entt.-I)/52(Part.II)-2018 dated 5th July 2018.