Promotion of ASOs as Section Officers of CSS on ad-hoc basis
Promotion of Assistant Section Officers (ASOs) as Section Officers of CSS on ad-hoc basis: DOPT Order F.No.6/2/2020-CS-l(S) dated 14.12.2020
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, A Wing, Lok Nayak Bhawan
New Delhi, the 14th December, 2020
Subject: Promotion of Assistant Section Officers (ASOs) of CSS as Section Officers of CSS on ad-hoc basis – Regarding
The undersigned is directed to say that it has been decided to fill up the vacancies in the Section Officers’ grade of CSS purely on ad-hoc basis by promoting the eligible officers.
2. Accordingly, approval of the competent authority Is hereby conveyed for Issue of eligibility list for consideration for promotion to Section Officers’ grade on ad-hoc basis as under:
i) ASOs of Select List 2011 (both DR & SO) as per Annexure-I
ii) ASOs of Select List upto 2010 who are still working as ASOs subject to fulfillment of debarment conditions (OM dated 08.04.2011) /lien conditions (OM dated 17.08.2016).
3. Successful completion of mandatory Level B training Is one of the eligibility conditions for promotion of ASOs as Section Officers. However, a decision has been taken with the approval of the competent authority to relax the mandatory training requirement for effecting ad-hoc promotions in SO grade of CSS till the vacancy year 2020.
4. The Cadre units of CSS may conduct the Screening Committee meeting to assess their fitness or otherwise for promotion to the grade of Section Officers of CSS on ad-hoc basis. The recommendations of the Screening Committee in respect of all the officers included in the zone and working in the respective cadre unit along with vigilance clearance of the officers who have been found fit may be furnished by the cadre units with the approval of the competent authority to this Department (CS-I) in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-ll) within one week from the date of issue of this OM.
5. If any officer Included in the list has not completed the prescribed 8 years approved service for any reason or already left service on account VRS/Death etc., the Screening Committee meeting in respect of him/her shall not be conducted. If any officer Included In the list Is working in any cadre unit other than the one indicated against his/her name, the cadre unit, where he/she is presently posted, may conduct the Screening Committee meeting in respect of him/her, without referring the matter to this Department. However, the discrepancies, if any, in the list may be brought to the notice of this Department for corrections, while forwarding the Screening Committee recommendations.
6. Once the Screening Committee recommendations are received, this Department would Issue the promotion orders of all officers centrally. The officers who have been found fit by the Screening Committee and clear from vigilance angle will only be given adhoc promotion. The promoted officers will be retained in the same cadre unit against existing vacancies In that cadre unit. The officers who are in excess of sanctioned strength will be transferred out In accordance with RTF provisions.
7. The decision to Issue the promotion order centrally at CS Division has been taken to ensure uniformity and to remove anomalies in pay fixation etc. It is, therefore, emphasized that cadre units will issue orders/notifications for appointment of officers as Section Officers on ad-hoc basis only after the promotion order issued centrally by this Department.
8. The officers in the zone who are at present on deputation/training will be considered for actual promotion to the grade of Section Officer on ad-hoc basis only after they have reported to the Cadre (CS-I, DOPT) within a period of thirty days from the date of issue of this order. However, these officers should send their willingness regarding their acceptance of ad-hoc promotion to CS-I Division ([email protected]) with a copy endorsed to their respective cadre units within seven days from the date of issue of this order.
9. The cadre-unit wise incumbency position in SO grade, as per the information available in this Department, as on 01.12.2020, is attached as Annexure-lil. The discrepancies, if any, in the statement may also be brought to the notice of this Department.
10. The ad-hoc promotion will remain subject to outcome of:
(a) The SLP (C) No.30621/2011 arising out of final judgment and order dated 15.07.2011 in CWP No.13218/2009 passed by the Hon’ble High Court of Punjab & Haryana and other connected cases before the Hon’ble Supreme Court;
(b)The SLP (C) No.31288/2017 arising out of Hon’ble Delhi High Court judgment dated 23.08.2017 in WP (C) No.3490/2010 filed by the All India Equality Forum & Others vs. UOI & Ors and other related court cases in any competent court; and
(c) Any other court case in a connected matter
11. The cadre units are once again requested to conduct Screening Committee meetings immediately and furnish the information as per Annexure-II along with vigilance clearance of the officers who have been declared fit and a copy of the minutes of Screening Committee duly approved by the Competent Authority, to this Department (CS-I Division) by 18.12.2020 positively.
(George D. Toppo)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
End: As above
All the Cadre Units
Ministry/Department of ………………..
(Deputy Secretary/Director (Estt./Admn.))
Also check the following links related to this topic: