Planning Assistants should be upgraded to GP 4600 from the existing GP 4200 – 7th Pay Commission
7th CPC recommends Grade Pay for Planning Assistants
7th Pay Commission has recommended upgradation in pay of Planning Assistants
Their association has sought upgradation in pay for the post of Planning Assistant from the existing GP 4200 to GP 4800 and further upgradation to Grade Pay 5400 (PB-3) after completion of four years regular service. To advance their case they have stated that the qualification for direct recruitment of Planning Assistant is a Bachelor of Planning/ Architecture or Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from a recognised University with a two years’ experience in Town Planning, House Layouts etc.
Analysis and Recommendations
The Commission sought the views of Ministry of Urban Development in this regard. The Town and Country Planning Organisation, in its response has supported the demand for a raise to GP 4800 for Planning Assistants, with the proviso that the employees recruited prior to framing of the current Recruitment Rules and presently in service, who do not possess the qualifications as per the current Recruitment Rules may be granted parity subject to their completion of six years’ service in the grade.
The Commission has considered the demand for upgradation in the post of Planning Assistant. Given that the entry level qualification, as per the Recruitment Rules, is Bachelor’s degree with two years’ experience, there exists a case for upgradation in pay of Planning Assistants.
The Commission accordingly recommends that Planning Assistants should be upgraded to GP 4600 from the existing GP 4200.
Also checkout following for more topic wise details on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Who are entitled to 7th Pay Commission additional Bunching increment ?
- 7th Pay Commission Pension for Pre-2016 Pensioners – CPAO instructions
- 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation based on Notional Pay – Procedure envisaged by Finance Ministry
- Revision of 7th Pay Commission Pension on notional pay – Confederation’s Analysis
- 7th Pay Commission Pension Fixation based on notional pay fixed in 7th Pay Commission Pay Matrix – Illustrations
- Revised 7th Pay Commission Pension fixation for Pre-2016 Pensioners and Family Pensioners – Orders issued
- Payment of arrears on ad-hoc basis of pay to Defence Forces
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Increase in Basic Pay meagre but expected gains out of other compensation, a solace
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision in 7th CPC report expected to be made by Empowered Committee
- 7th Pay Commission News – Who are to be benefited more in terms of higher pay ?
- 7th Pay Commission report on DA, CEA, FPA, NPA, OTA and other Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Report on Leave Encashment of Earned Leave
- Family Planning Allowance be abolished – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission’s suggestions on NPS
- 7th Pay Commission Report to be processed by Empowered Committee – Finance Ministry Order
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- JPA, SPA, Off-set Machine Operator, Machine Man and Electrical Supervisor to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Store Keeper (Tech) and Asst Store Keeper to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Assistant Research Officer and Senior Research Assistant of CWC to get next higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- Comparison of Pay between Central Government Civilian and Defence Forces Officers
- Higher Grade Pay for Railway Commercial clerk, Reservation Clerk and ticket checking staff
- Assistant Station Master (ASM) to get higher grade pay and upgraded to SM – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Sub Inspectors and Inspectors of CBI to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- IB ACIO-II and ACIO-I to get higher Grade Pay – 7th Pay Commission
- CGWB Technical Operator (Drilling) be given GP 1900 – 7th Pay Commission