Russian Translators to get more grade pay – 7th CPC recommendations
7th CPC recommends for upgradation of grade pay for Russian Translators cum Interpreters
Translators-cum-Interpreters (Foreign Languages)
There are posts of Translators-cum-Interpreters (Foreign Languages) in the ministries of Defence, External Affairs, Communication, Science and Technology and Cabinet Secretariat etc.
The cadre of Interpreters of Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), in their demand, has pointed out that no cadre review has taken place for their cadre in the last 38 years.
The cadre of Russian translators in Integrated Headquarters of MOD (Navy) has contended that they have the same entry level qualification and nature of duties as translators of other languages in the same office, but are placed in a lower pay scale.
Analysis and Recommendations
In so far as the case of Interpreters in MEA is concerned, the Commission is of the view that cadre review is an administrative issue and should be dealt with at the level of MEA only.
Regarding the case of Russian translators in the Ministry of Defence, the Commission studied the job profiles and educational qualifications required for Russian translators, vis-à- vis their Chinese, Sinhalese and Pushto counterparts. The Commission finds merit in their demand for upgrade and accordingly recommends that Russian Translation Officers should be upgraded from the existing GP 4600 to GP 5400 (PB-3). Similarly, Russian Senior Translation officers should be upgraded from existing GP 5400 (PB-3) to GP 6600 and Russian Editors from existing GP 6600 to GP 7600.
Also checkout following for more topic wise details on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Planning Assistants should be upgraded to GP 4600 from the existing GP 4200 – 7th Pay Commission
- Technical Officers, Assistant Director Grade II (Tech), Textile Commissioner Office to be upgraded – 7th Pay Commission
- DG, Central Statistics Office to be upgraded to apex scale in the Indian Statistical Service – 7th Pay Commission
- Light House Attendants, Navigational Assistant Gr.III, II and Head Light Keeper to get higher Grade Pay
- Chemical and Metallurgical Employees to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Sr. Section Officer/Sr. Travelling Inspector of Accounts/Sr. Inspector of Stores Accounts to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Senior Technical Assistants to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- 7th Pay Commission Recommendations for Pensioners
- Junior Agriculture Assistant to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Junior ECG Technicians to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Officers in accounts cadres to get higher grade pay – 7th CPC Recommendations
- Pay of Central Government Employees and Bank Employees after 7th Pay Commission Report
- Assistant Archivists, Archivists and Scientific Officer to get Higher Grade Pay -7th CPC recommendation
- Postal Inspectors, ASPO and Supdt to get Higher Grade Pay -7th Pay Commission
- Higher Grade Pay for Sheep Shearer cum Supervisor in CSBF) -7th CPC recommendation
- Higher Grade Pay for Senior Dietitian and Assistant Dietetic Officer of Railways – 7th Pay Commission
- Grade Pay of Radiographers in Railways, Defence and A&N – 7th CPC recommendation
- Strength of Central Govt Pensioners as on 01.01.2014
- Central Pensioners : 37% are in the 60-70 age group
- 7th Pay Commission Report – AIRF comments
- MACP to DSC – Recommendation of 7th Pay Commission
- No increment for non-performers – 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission report on PRIS
- Modified Flexible Complementing Scheme – 7th Pay Commission Report
- 7th pay commission report on Retirement Gratuity