National Level Central Trade Unions General Strike on 8th and 9th Jan 19 – Request to PSU workers
Central Trade Unions Appeal To All CPSU Workers On Two Days National level General Strike On 8th & 9th January 2019
AN APPEAL TO ALL CPSU WORKERS
New Delhi: 27th December 2018
The ten Central Trade Unions viz., INTUC, AITUC, HMS, CITU, AIUTUC, AICCTU, LPF, UTUC, TUCC and SEWA and also Independent Industrial Federations have declared two day countrywide General Strike on January 8th and 9th in the National Convention of Workers held on September 28th 2018 at Mavalankar Hall, New Delhi.
The General Strike Call by the Central Trade Unions, on the following demands, was given in the background of neo-liberal offensives unleashed by the Modi Government against the working people and trade unions and their hard won rights. And Central Public Sector Undertakings and the workers are the worst victims.
The 12 Point Charter of Demands
1. Urgent measures for containing price-rise through universalization of public distribution system and banning speculative trade in commodity market.
2. Containing unemployment through concrete measures for employment generation.
3. Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measures for violation of labour
4. Universal social security cover for all workers.
5. Minimum wages of not less than Rs 18,000/- per month with provisions of indexation.
6. Assured enhanced pension not less than Rs.6,000/- p.m. for the entire working population.
7. Stoppage of disinvestment in Central/State PSUs and strategic
8. Stoppage of contractorisation in permanent perennial work and payment of same wage and benefits for contract workers as regular workers for same and similar work.
9. Removal of all ceilings on payment and eligibility of bonus, provident fund; increase the quantum of gratuity.
10. Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days from the date of submitting application and immediate ratification of ILO Conventions C 87 and C 98.
11. Against Labour Law Amendments proposed by Gol
12. Against FDI in Railways, Insurance and Defence.
It is imperative to note that the Charter of Demands include some of the burning issues of the workers of Central Public Undertakings (CPSU).
Apart from the disastrous privatisation onslaught and all out unrelenting attack to ultimately dismantle our Public Sector in its entirety, CPSU workers are facing atrocious imposition of anti-worker dictates concerning ongoing wage negotiations.
In this crucial juncture, the General Strike call on 8th and 9th January 2019 is naturally, a weapon in the hands of our CPSU’s workers to oppose and resist the anti labour and anti national policies of the Central Government of the day. Therefore, we appeal to all the workers, employees and officers of all CPSU’s to support and join this historic General Strike. Keeping in view the massive participation of CPSU workers in the 2nd September 2016 General Strike, we believe that this time also CPSU workers irrespective of affiliations shall support and join the strike on 8th and 9th January 2019 in massive scale.
Convenor JAF, Bengaluru
V. Prabhakar Rao
CPSU TU Cordn.Committee, HYD