Stepping up of Pay in 7th Pay Commission Pay Level for Defence Personnel
Stepping up of Pay in 7th Pay Commission Pay Levels is granted for Defence Personnel – Various Scenarios in which 7th Pay Commission Pay is stepped up.
PROVISION OF STEPPING UP IN 7TH CPC PAY RULE.
There shall be stepping up of pay in pay matrix of a senior if a junior promoted after 1st January, 2016 draws more pay in pay matrix:–
(i) In cases where a senior Junior Commissioned Officer/ Other Rank promoted to a higher rank before the 1st day of January, 2016 draws less pay in the Pay Matrix in the revised pay structure than his junior who is promoted to the higher rank on or after the 1st day of January, 2016, the pay in the Pay Matrix of the senior Junior Commissioned Officer/ Other Rank in the revised pay structure shall be stepped up to an amount equal to the pay in the Pay Matrix as fixed for his junior in that higher rank, and such stepping up shall be done with effect from the date of promotion of the junior Junior Commissioned Officer/ Other Rank, subject to fulfilment of the following conditions, namely:–
(a) the junior and senior Junior Commissioned Officers/ Other Ranks belong to the same group and the rank to which they have been promoted are identical in the same group;
(b) the existing grade pay and the revised Level in the Pay Matrix of the lower and higher ranks in which they are entitled to draw pay are identical;
(c) the senior Junior Commissioned Officer/ Other Rank at the time of promotion is drawing equal or more pay than the junior; and
(d) The anomaly is directly as a result of the application of the provisions of these rules or any other rule or order regulating pay fixation on such promotion in the revised pay structure.
Provided that if the junior, Junior Commissioned Officer/ Other Rank was drawing more pay in the existing pay structure than the senior Junior Commissioned Officer/ Other Rank by virtue of any advance increments granted to him, the provisions of these rules shall not be invoked to step up the pay in the Pay Matrix of the senior Junior Commissioned Officer/ Other Rank.
(ii) The senior Junior Commissioned Officer/ Other Rank shall be entitled to the next increment on completion of his required qualifying service with effect from the date of re–fixation of pay.
PROCEDURE TO BE ADOPTED FOR STEPPING-UP OF PAY.
- Comparative statement of Service detail of the individual whose pay is to be stepped up and with whom pay is compared, with detail of feeder entry grade, Mustering date, UPCLASS dates, MACP, Promotion will be forwarded to PAO.
- PAO will scrutinize comparative statement and after vetting the statement forward to Record Office for publication of Stepping-up DOII.
- Record Office will publish DOII and submit to PAO. Necessary entry of stepping-up in Sheet Roll will be ensured by R.O
11.2. ADHOC INCREMENT
- In accordance with the provisions contained in Rule 10 of the CCS (RP) Rules, 2008, there will be a uniform date of annual increment, viz. 1st July of every year. Employees completing 6 months and above in the revised pay structure as on 1st of July will be eligible to be granted the increment. The first increment after fixation of pay on 1.1.2006 in the revised pay structure will be granted on 1.7.2006 for those employees for whom the date of next increment was between 1st July, 2006 to 1st January, 2007.
- The Staff Side has represented on this issue and has requested that those employees who were due to get their annual increment between February to June during 2006 may be granted one increment on 01.01.2006 in the prerevised scale.
- On further consideration and in exercise of the powers available under CCS(RP) Rules, 2008, the President is pleased to decide that in relaxation of stipulation under Rule 10 of these Rules, those central government employees who were due to get their annual increment between February to June during 2006 may be granted one increment on 1.1.2006 in the pre-revised pay scale as a one time measure and thereafter will get the next increment in the revised pay structure on 1.7.2006 as per Rule 10 of CCS(RP) Rules, 2008.The pay of the eligible employees may be re-fixed accordingly.
Also checkout following topics in Handbook on 7th Pay Commission Pay and Allowances for Defence personnel
- 7th Pay Commission Accommodation Allowance for Defence Personnel
- Ration Allowance and Special Ration Allowance granted to Defence Personnel in rank of PBORs
- TA DA – 7th Pay Commission revised travel entitlement for Defence Personnel
- 7th Pay Commission Revised Transport Allowance for Defence Personnel
- MACP scheme after implementation of 7th Pay Commission for JCO and Other Rank Defence Personnel
- LTC for Defence Personnel serving in Armed, Air Force and Navy
- Leave Encashment applicable to Defence Personnel
- Field Allowances for Defence Personnel – Complete list
- Enhanced 7th Pay Commission Children Education Allowance for Defence Personnel
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances for Defence personnel – An overview
- Types of Leave applicable for Defence Personnel