Revision of Casualty Pension for Pre-2006 Armed Force Pensioners – Clarification
Revision of Casualty Pensionary Awards in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Forced Officer and JCOs/ ORs Pensioners: Clarification.
PCDA Circular on Revision of Casualty Pensionary Awards in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Forced Officer and JCOs/ ORs Pensioner
Office of the Principal CDA(Pensions)
Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad- 211014
14. The Pr. Pay and Accounts Officer, Andaman and Nicobar Administration, Port Blair
Subject: Revision of Casualty Pensionary Awards in respect of Pre-2006 Armed Forced Officer and JCOs/ ORs Pensioners: Clarification.
Reference: This office Circular No. 560 dated 08.06.2016 and 22.08.2016, Circular No. 547 and 548 dated 11.09.2015
Provisions for “the minimum guaranteed rates of disability Element/ Liberalised disability Element/ War injury Element were already made w.e.f. 24.09.2012 vide GOI, MOD letter No.16(01)/2014-D(Pen/Pol) dated 10.04.2015 circulated vide this office Circular No. 542 dated 27.05.2015.
2. Consequent upon issue of GOI, MOD letter No.16(01)/2014/D(Pen/Pol) dated 18.05.2016, the above provisions have been made applicable w.e.f. 01.01.2006 instead of 24.09.2012 which has already been circulated vide this office Circular No. 560 dated 08.06.2016.
3. As per Para- 4(h) of GOI, MOD letter No. 16(01)/2014/D(Pen/Pol) dated 18.05.2016, “Service element of War Injury Pension in invalidment case will be given for the maximum of terms of engagement for the rank of Armed Force Personnel from which he had invalided out.” Accordingly, while revising the SERVICE ELEMENT of WAR INJURY PENSION in invalidment cases, the Service Element will be revised as per maximum terms of engagement for the rank from which the individual had been invalided out from service (as provided in GOI, MOD letter No. 1(04)/2015(II)-D(Pen/Pol) dated 03.09.2015 and No. 1(04)/2015(I)-D(Pen/Pol) dated 03.09.2015 circulated vide this office Circular No. 547, 548 dated 11.09.2015).
4. After introduction of 6th CPC orders, Service pension/ Service Element is calculated on the basis of last pay drawn and qualifying service has no specific role in determination of Service Pension/ Service Element i.e. same is calculated on the basis of 50% of the emoluments last drawn. In other words, full Service pension/ Service Element is granted and no proportionate reduction is made for lesser qualifying service. Accordingly Revision of SERVICE ELEMENT and WAR INJURY ELEMENT under OROP (Circular No. 555 dated 04.02.2016) will be carried out on the basis of actual Qualifying Service rendered by the individual.
5. All other terms and conditions shall remain unchanged.
6. This circular has been uploaded on this office website www.pcdapension.nic.in for dissemination to all alongwith Defence pensioners and Pension Disbursing Agencies.
Dy. Controller (P)
Download PCDA Circular No.569 No. Gts/Tech/05/LXXVII dated 19.10.2016