Validity of Online Temporary Slip: ECHS Order B/49711-NSC/AG/ECHS/Temporary Slip dated 27.10.2021
Central Organisation ECHS
Adjutant General’s Branch
Integrated Headquarters of
MoD (Army), Thimayya Marg,
Near Gopinath Circle,
Delhi Cantt- 110 010
27 Oct 2021
IHQ of MoD (Air Force)
IHQ of MoD (Navy)
HQ South Comd (A/ECHS)
HQ East Comd (A/ECHS)
HQ West Comd (A/ECHS)
HQ Central Comd (A/ECHS)
Northern Comd (A/ECHS)}
South West Comd (A/ECHS)
All Area Headquarters
All Regional Centres
VALIDITY OF ONLINE TEMPORARY SLIP
1. Please refer to CO, ECHS letter No B/49711-IT/AG/ECHS/Gen Corr dated 03 Dec 2020 (copy attached).
2. All Ex-Servicemen / Primary Beneficiaries who apply online for new 64 KB ECHS Cards are permitted to download online Temporary Slip as per category given at Para 4 of letter under reference. This online temporary slip, when downloaded are required to be countersigned for the first time from the OIC Parent Polyclinic and is valid for six months. Subsequently, the OIC Parent Polyclinic can extend the validity for three months each till receipt of new 64 KB Cards after satisfying that the new cards are not ready for collection.
3. Due to prevailing Pandemic COVID-19 situation, the competent authority has approved the extension of the validity of online temporary slip till 31 Dec 2021 for beneficiaries who have not collected their cards and are already in possession of online temporary slips. All Polyclinics and Empanelled Hospitals may be informed accordingly to accept the same.
4. The process to extend the validity of online temporary slip will be reverted back to Pre-Pandemic COVID-19 situation wef 01 Jan 2022. In this the ECHS Beneficiary will be required to visit his / her Parent Polyclinic for further extension of online temporary slip in case of new 64 KB ECHS cards have not been received.
(a) The OIC Parent Polyclinic will check the status of online application and in case the cards are ready for collection then the card will be handed over and online temporary slip will not be extended.-
(b) In case the cards are not ready for collection then the OIC Parent Polyclinic to continue extending the online temporary slip by three months at a time till such time the cards are ready to be handed over.
5. In case for some technical reasons the new 64 Kb ECHS cards cannot be handed over then the OIC Parent Polyclinic at his discretion may extend the online temporary slip maximum by a period of two months.
6. It may also be noted that Temporary Slips are collected back at the time of issue of 64 Kb ECHS Smart Cards by the issuing authority.
Jt Dir (Statistics & Automation)
for MD ECHS