Tata Memorial Hospital – Change in Procedure for Medicine Supply: ECHS Order dated 29.04.2022
Adjutant General’s Branch
Ministry of Defence (Army)
Near Gopinath Circle
Delhi Cantt -10
29 Apr 2022
Regional Centre Allahabad
Regional Centre, Guwahati
Regional Centre, Jalandhar
Regional Centre, Mumbai
Regional Centre, Visakhapatnam
TATA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL – CHANGE IN PROCEDURE FOR MEDICINE SUPPLY
1. TMC Mumbai is an exclusive oncology centre. The hospital and its Centres at Mumbai, Vishakhapatnam, Varanasi, Guwahati and Sangrur are empanelled with ECHS. The TMC functions under Dept of Atomic Energy. Prior to empanelment ECHS beneficiaries obtaining treatment at TMC were allowed reimbursement at actual cost.
2. As per procedure of TMC, all medicines prescribed by the centre’s doctors are supplied by the centre. In case of non-availability of medicines in the center, a certificate from the centre about non-availability of medicines is issued to the beneficiary.
3. As per SOP on Treatment Management in ECHS, any ECHS patient can be issued seven days medicines post discharge from an empanelled hospital. Medicines for period more than seven days are issued from parent polyclinic through SEMO. As TMC issues cancer drugs, these are not routinely procured by the SEMO and become not available in polyclinics, thus denying these medicines to the beneficiaries. Being costly, the medicines are not affordable for local purchase by the beneficiaries and further reimbursement.
4. In view of the above, it is recommended that all medicines prescribed by the Tata Memorial Centre doctors irrespective of duration be permitted to be supplied by the Tata Memorial Centre and be included in the cost of treatment to be claimed by the centre from ECHS: In case the medicines are Not Available in the centre, the beneficiaries will obtain NA certificate from the centre and present the same to OIC polyclinic for provision from SEMO/ALC. If medicines are Not Available from polyclinic, the beneficiaries may procure from local market and claim reimbursement.
5. This has the approval of MD ECHS.
For MD ECHS