Reimbursement of Medicines : Special Sanction in view of COVID-19
ECHS Order on Reimbursement of Medicines : Special Sanction in view of Corona Virus disease (COVID-19)
Central Organisations, ECHS
Integrated HQ of MoD (Army)
Adjutant General’s Branch
Near Gopinath Circle
23 Mar 2020
REIMBURSEMENT OF MEDICINES : SPECIAL SANCTION IN VIEW OF COVID-19
1. In view of the Corona Virus disease (COVID-19), all out efforts are being made to contain the impact of this pandemic by instituting measures at community as well as individual level.
2. Guidelines on maintaining social distancing between individuals has also been advised by WHO. In the spirit of above guidelines, Veterans having life style diseases on long treatment may purchase one month requirement of all medicines based on the prescription held (prescribed by Polyclinic/ Service hosp/ Empanelled hosp) for the month of Apr 2020, irrespective of NA or otherwise. Veterans need not go to Polyclinics to collect the medicines for the month of Apr 2020.
3. One time sanction is hereby accorded to reimburse the above expenditure under individual reimbursement of medical claims. The bills for reimbursement to be submitted by Veterans after 15 May 2020.
4. This will be implemented with immediate effect till 30 Apr 2020.
5. This has the concurrence of MoD/DoESW.
(Anupam N Adhaulia)
for MD ECHS
Copy to :-
MoD (DoESW) – for info pl. a,
Ops & Coord, P&FC Sec – for info pl.
C&L Sec, Claim Sec
S&A Sec – for uploading on website and issue necessary instrs to UTI-ITSL (BPA).
Also check the following links related to this topic: