Facility of Salary Accounts under Defence Salary Package to Defence Civilian Employees
Facility of Salary Accounts under Defence Salary Package to Defence Civilian Employees – Ministry of Defence reply to BPMS
Ministry of Defence has replied to BPMS regarding Extension of facility of Salary Accounts under Defence Salary Package to the Defence industrial/Non-industrial Civilian employees
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Subject : Extension of facility of Salary Accounts under Defence Salary Package to the Defence industrial/Non-industrial Civilian employees – Representation of Bharatiya Pratiraksha Mazdoor Sangh (BPMS)
BPMS vide their letter ref. no. BPMS/MoD/186(8/1 R) dated 9th May 2015 (copy enclosed) addressed to Defence Secretary has informed that the Heads of Department/ Heads of Offices of the Defence installations under Army, Air Force, Navy, DDP, DRDO, etc have got the salary account opened in the nationalized banks (including SBI) for direct credit of salary/allowances payable to the industrial & non-industrial civilian employees under their control.
2. BPMS has pointed out that SBI provide some special privileges/facilities (copy enclosed) to such salary account holders who are drawing Defence Salary Package (DSP). However, such privileges/facilities are not being given to the civilian employees of these defence installations. The Federation has requested to take steps so that industrial/non-industrial civilian employees are also provided similar privileges/facilities while operating their Salary Account with the public Sector banks.
3. In this context, it is informed that the PAO/Accounts Offices attached with various Ministries/Departments/ Organisations of the Government of India have made arrangement with the nearby banks where the salary and allowances payable to the employees working in the concerned organisation, is credited each month. As per practice, these banks are normally providing most of the facilities/privileges to such salary account holders, as are listed by the Federation. From the letter of BPMS, it seems that employees of some organisations/establishments are not being extended similar facilities to the salary account holders by the disbursement bankers.
4. It is requested that all the PAO/Accounts Offices may be advised to pursue this issue with their Disbursement banker and persuade them to open the salary of all the Central Govt. employees of the cone. Organisation under the Central Govt Salary Package and extend to them similar privileges/facilities, as are given under DSP.
Under Secretary (Civ)
SALARY ACCOUNTS UNDER DEFENCE SALARY PACKAGE (DSP)
ARMY/NAVY/AIR FORCE RASHTRIYA RIFLES (RR), ASSAM RIFLES AND GENERAL RESERVE ENGINEERING FORCE (BORDER ROADS
Salary Accounts under Defence Salary Package offers many concessions in service charges for serving as well as retired Defence personnel of Army/ Navy/ Air Force/Indian Coast Guard/ Assam Rifles, as well as Rashtriya Rifles (RR) and GREF [Border Road Organization (BRO)] having their Salary/Pension accounts with SBI.
Available in four variants, namely Silver, Gold, Diamond and Platinum categorized on the rank of the personnel of Army, Navy ,Air Force, Assam Rifles, RR and GREF (Border Road Organization). PBORs are categorized in Silver Variant, Officers are categorized under Gold, Diamond and Platinum Variants.
Features of DSP
- Convenience of Anywhere Banking at· The largest network of more than 16,000 Core Banking Branches Extensive alternative channels.· 53,000 plus ATMs of State Bank Group
· Free Internet Banking, Mobile Banking
- Complete gamut of Banking Services including:-· Unique Lifetime Account Number;· Zero Balance Account facility with no penal charges for non-maintenance of minimum balance;
· Auto sweep (in & out) facility (on request)-Surplus amount in Savings bank account beyond threshold balance is transferred automatically into Term Deposits (multi option deposits) in multiple of Rs.1000/- and vice versa
· Free Personal Accident Insurance (Death) Cover to Primary Salary Package Account*
· Free personalized Multi City Cheques
· Free Drafts*/RTGS*/NEFT*
· Free Core Power: Anywhere banking facility with the widest network of more than 16,000 branches. Free updating of pass-books at any branch
· Easy overdraft up to 2 months’ salary repayable within 6 months*
· SMS Alerts
· Free Debit Cards
· Domestic cards for Silver Accounts, Gold Debit cards for Gold and Diamond Accounts and Platinum Debit Card for Platinum Accounts.
· Maximum daily withdrawal of Rs. 40,000 on Domestic Cards, Rs. 50,000 on Gold Cards and Rs. 1,00,000 on Platinum Cards.
· Various Personal loans like Home loan/ Auto loan/ Xpress Credit loan, etc. at attractive terms
· Demat facility, 3-in 1 Trading Account available
· Systematic Investment Plan in Mutual funds
· Range of other value added benefits
* Conditions apply