7th Pay Commission Revised Transport Allowance for Defence Personnel
7th Pay Commission Transportation Allowance for Defence Personnel in the rank of JCO / OR – Junior Commissioned Officer and below in Army, Air Force and Navy
3.8. TPTL (TRANSPORTATION ALLOWANCE)
The Transport Allowance is fully DA indexed. The 7th CPC recommended a raise commensurate with inflation as reflected in the rates of Dearness Allowance (DA). Accordingly and therefore, the fully DA-indexed allowances such as Transportation Allowance were not given any raise.
The Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence vide letter No.12630/TPTA/QMOUCC/208 D(Mov) /98 dated 20.2.98 has entitled the PBORs (including TA personnel, later on) to Transportation Allowance.
Conditions for admissibility of TPTL:
1. The TPTL is admissible if
a. The PBOR is not provided with Govt. Transport.
b. PBOR is not absent from duty or Training for more than 30 days.
2. PBORs serving in Field and Modified Field Areas are also entitled for TPTL, provided conditions laid down for its grant in Govt orders are fulfilled.
Rates of Transport Allowance (As per 6th CPC)
|Rank||A-1/A Cities||Other place|
|Officers including Hony Commissioned||3200+DA||1600+DA|
|Hav & below but pay in the old pay band Rs.7440/- & above||1600+DA||800+DA|
|Hav & below and pay in the old pay band below Rs.7440/-||600+DA||400+DA|
1. The grant/cessation of Transportation Allowance should be published by the Units in DOs II as separate items and it is treated as Audit cage items for the purpose of adjustment in the account of the PBOR.
2. Transportation Allowance to PBOR who is blind or orthopedically handicapped “TPTH”, is double the rate per month.
3. TPTL to Honorary Commissioned Officers are admissible at the rate admissible to Commissioned Officers.
4. In case physically handicapped personnel are provided with Govt. accommodation within a distance of one KM from the place of duty or within campus housing the place of work and residence, the TPTL allowance will be admissible at NORMAL RATE as applicable.
Also checkout following topics in Handbook on 7th Pay Commission Pay and Allowances for Defence personnel
- 7th Pay Commission Accommodation Allowance for Defence Personnel
- Ration Allowance and Special Ration Allowance granted to Defence Personnel in rank of PBORs
- Stepping up of Pay in 7th Pay Commission Pay Level for Defence Personnel
- TA DA – 7th Pay Commission revised travel entitlement for Defence Personnel
- MACP scheme after implementation of 7th Pay Commission for JCO and Other Rank Defence Personnel
- LTC for Defence Personnel serving in Armed, Air Force and Navy
- Leave Encashment applicable to Defence Personnel
- Field Allowances for Defence Personnel – Complete list
- Enhanced 7th Pay Commission Children Education Allowance for Defence Personnel
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances for Defence personnel – An overview
- Types of Leave applicable for Defence Personnel