7th Pay Commission Report – Finance Ministry issues OM for setting up Empowered Committee to process recommendations of Seventh Central Pay Commission
Union Cabinet recently approved the proposal to constitute Empowered Committee which would study the 7th Pay Commission Report on behalf of the Govt after considering the suggestions and demands of Employees federations. The final conclusions of Govt on 7th Pay Commission’s recommendations will be taken by Cabinet.
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, dated the 27th January, 2016
Subject: Constitution of Empowered Committee of Secretaries for processing the Report of the Seventh Central Pay Commission
It has been decided with the approval of the Cabinet to set up an Empowered Committee of Secretaries to process the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission.
The Committee will have the following members :
1. Cabinet Secretary Chairman 2. Finance Secretary/Secretary (Expenditure) Member 3. Secretary, Department of Personnel & Training Member 4. Secretary, Department of Pension & PW Member 5. Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs Member 6. Secretary, Ministry of Defence Member 7. Secretary, Department of Revenue Member 8. Secretary, Department of Post Member 9. Secretary, Department of Health Member 10. Secretary, Department of Science & Technology Member 11. Chairman, Railway Board Member 12. Deputy Comptroller & Auditor General Member 13. Secretary (Security), Cabinet Secretariat Member
2. The Committee may co-opt any other Secretary, whenever found necessary.
3. The Empowered Committee will function as a Screening Committee to screen the recommendations of the Commission after taking into account the views of the concerned stakeholders, viz, the Ministries/Departments, Staff Associations and the JCM, so as to firm up the final conclusions for approval of the Cabinet.
4. The Implementation Cell created in the Department of Expenditure shall function as Secretariat for the Empowered Committee of Secretaries.
5. The final recommendations of the Empowered Committee of Secretaries will be submitted for approval of the Cabinet.
(Annie George Mathew)
Joint Secretary to the Government of India