How to get Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN)

by GConnect TeamMarch 9, 2011

We know that National Pension System (New Pension Scheme) has been made mandatory for Central Government employees who joined in their service on or after 1st January,2004.

So, unlike other Indian Citizens, Central Government employees who joined in their service on or after 1st January,2004 are enrolled automatically in New Pension Scheme. However, a registration for Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) is a must for those employees. This PRAN registration is to be done with National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) who are Central Record Keeping Agency (CRA) for NPS. This application form can be furnished by a Government employee to his/her administration officer (DDO), who will in turn submit the same to CRA.

The following is the Form -Annex S1 meant for Central Government Employees to register with NSDL for getting a valid PRAN

[issuu showflipbtn=true documentid=110309054702-88d89865c0794efd86aa3a3ae2694815 docname=nps-pran username=RamGConnect loadinginfotext=Registration%20cum%20PRAN%20request%20form%20for%20central%20government%20employees showhtmllink=false tag=''" width=600 height=400 unit=px]

Click here to download Form -Annex S1 meant for Central Government Employees to register with NSDL for getting a valid PRAN

As far as Central Government Employees are concerned deposit into NPS Tier II account is purely voluntary.  Government will not equally contribute in the Tier-II account.  Tier II account is an additional savings mode for central government employees.  This is the application form for activating Tier II Account

Application form for Tier II activation (For Subscriber already having a NPS account)

Amount deposited in Tier II account can be withdrawn under specific circumstances and this is the application form for withdrawing amount from NPS tier II account.

Application form for withdrawal from Tier II NPS account – form UOS-S12

The application form to register a government employee with NSDL has to be forwarded to NSDL by PAO as well as DDO of the concerned office in which the Government employee is working.  These are the covering letters meant for PAO and DDO for forwarding the PRAN application forms.

Covering Letter with Subscriber Registration Application Form (To be submitted by PAO in duplicate)

Covering letter for Subscriber Registration Application Forms (To be submitted by DDO in duplicate)

If the government employee is having any problem or grievance with CRA, PAO, and DDO regarding NPS account he can fill up the following form and send the same to CRA through DDO.

PRAN registration grievance form

  • D.muthu selvam
    January 29, 2015 at 7:22 pm

    DEAR SIR/Madam I was doing to private job. I have join pension scheme can i eligible for this scheme then how to fill up that forn online pls help me.
    thank you

  • pankaj kumar priyadarshi
    January 20, 2015 at 9:20 pm

    sir \ madam, i have sent the application for pran number 3 month ago , but i cant received pran number till date what is main cause of
    please send my prn number details as soon as posible

  • Dilip Chanda
    December 2, 2014 at 3:37 pm

    To Dear Sir/Madam i was doing private job in institute so sir i saw your pension scheme can i eligible for this scheme if yes then how shall i fill up that form in online plz help me.
    thank you

  • pachimatla.Rani
    November 27, 2014 at 5:16 pm

    My Houseband P.Rajesham PRAN 500080383797/memo No.6522722652 NLAO Reg No.8000053 his death accured 13-03-2014. Please information about claim.
    Thank you

  • November 2, 2014 at 11:28 am

    Upto now i have not received my PRAN no But i am getting the Messages monthly since 9 months back i have applied 3 yrs back

  • Govind kumar
    October 13, 2014 at 8:55 pm

    i filled my pran form about a year ago..i havn’t received my pran no. yet. plz tell me about this.

Leave a Response