7th Pay Commission Travelling Allowance for Retiring Central Government Employees
7th Pay Commission Travelling Allowance for Retiring Employees – Revision of Travel Entitlement, Composite Transfer Grant, Transportation of Personal Effects and Transportation of Conveyance to retiring Central Government Employees
4. T.A. Entitlement of Retiring Employees
TA on Retirement includes 4 components : –
(i) Travel entitlement for self and family (ii) Composite Transfer and packing grant (CTG) (iii) Reimbursement of charges on transportation of personal effects (iv) Reimbursement of charges on transportation of conveyance.
(i) Travel Entitlements
Travel entitlements as prescribed for tour/transfer in Para 2 above, except for International Travel, will be applicable in case of journeys on retirement. The general conditions of admissibility prescribed in S.R.147 will, however, continue to be applicable.
(ii) Composite Transfer Grant (CTG)
a.The Composite Transfer Grant shall be paid at the rate of 80% of the last month’s basic pay in case of those employees, who on retirement , settled down at places other than last station(s) of their duty located at a distance of or more than 20 km. However, in case of settlement to and from the Island territories of Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep, CTG shall be paid at the rate of 100% of last month’s basic pay. Further, NPA and MSP shall not be included as part of basic pay while determining entitlement for CTG. The transfer incidentals and road mileage for journeys between the residence and the railway station/bus stand, etc., at the old and new station, are already subsumed in the composite transfer grant and will not be separately admissible.
b.As in the case of serving employees, Government servants who, on retirement, settle at the last station of duty itself or within a distance of less than 20 kms may be paid one third of the CTG subject to the condition that a change of residence is actually involved.
(iii) Transportation of Personal Effects :-
|Level||By Train/Steamer||By Road|
|12 and above||6000 Kg by goods train/4 wheeler wagon/ 1 double container||Rs.50/- per Km|
|6 to 11||6000 Kg by goods train/4 wheeler wagon/ 1 single container||Rs.50/- per Km|
|5||3000 kg||Rs.25/- per Km|
|4 and below||1500 kg||Rs.15/- per Km|
(iv) Transportation of Conveyance :-
|6 and above||1 motor car etc. or 1 motor cycle/scooter|
|5 and below||1 motorcycle/scooter/moped/bicycle|
The general conditions of admissibility of TA on Retirement as prescribed in S.R. 147 will, however, continue to be applicable.
Checkout following links for the revised rates of travelling allowance on implementation of 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission Territorial Army Allowance to Defence Personnel
- 7th Pay Commission Mileage Allowance for journey by Road where specific rates prescribed
- 7th Pay Commission Travelling Allowance Revision for Armed Forces Personnel
- 7th Pay Commission Travel Allowance and reimbursement on Leave Travel Concession
- 7th Pay Commission Travelling Allowance – Modification in Air Travel Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Travelling Allowance – Clarification issued by Finance Ministry
- 7th Pay Commission TA on Transfer – Quantum of revision in Travelling Allowance granted on transfer
- 7th Pay Commission Travelling Allowance – Finance Ministry Order / Office Memorandum issued
- 7th Pay Commission Travelling Allowance – Details of Revision in Travel Entitlement and Daily Allowance