Re-Classification of Cities for HRA to Karnataka State Government Employees
Re-Classification of Places in Karnataka for House Rent Allowance payable to Karnataka State Government Employees
Government of Karnataka has published the proceedings regarding Re-classification of places in the State for the purpose of grant of House Rent Allowance to State Government employees
PROCEEDINGS OF THE GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
Sub: Re-classification of places in the State for the purpose of grant of House Rent Allowance to State Government employees -reg.
1. G.O. No. FD 7 SRP 2012, dated: 21.04.2012
2. G.O. No. FD 18 SRP 2012, dated: 19.10.2012
3. G.O. No. FD 9 SRP 2013, dated: 18.03.2013
4. G.O. No. FD 5 SRP 2013, dated: 10.05.2013
5. G.O.No. FD 14 SRP 2013, dated: 02.09.2013
On the basis of the recommendations of the Official Pay Committee-2011, the Cities/Towns, and Other Places in the State were classified into four classes for the purpose of House Rent Allowance with reference to their population based on
2001 Census figures vide G.O. dated: 21.04.2012 read at (1) above. Further, the Cities/Towns and Other Places in the State were reclassified as A, B and C categories vide G.O.dated: 02.09.2013 read at (5) above.
The Hon’ble Chief Minister in the Budget Speech 2015-16 has announced the Government’s decision to re-classify cities, towns and other places in the State on the basis of 2011 Census figures for the purpose of House Rent Allowance. Accordingly, the following orders are issued.
GOVERNMENT ORDER NO. FD 6 SRP 2015, BENGALURU, DATED:04.07.2015.
In supersession of the G.O. No. FD 14 SRP 2013 dated: 02.09.2013, Government are pleased to reclassify the Cities/Towns and Other Places in the State for the purpose of House Rent Allowance into three categories as hereunder with reference to the population based on 2011 Census figures and the rates of House Rent Allowance admissible shall be as indicated against them.
Rate of HRA Population Classification as 0/o of basic pay
|25 lakh and above||
|5 lakh and above but less than 25 lakh||
|Less than 5 lakh||
2. The details of the places falling under each of the above three classifications are as under:-
“A” Class City
Bruhath Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike
(Places situated within the BBMP limits as notified in Notification No. UDD 92
MNY 2006, dated: 16.01.2007)
“B” Class Cities
Mysore Municipal Corporation
Hubli-Dharwad Municipal Corporation
Kalaburagi Municipal Corporation
Belagavi Municipal Corporation
Mangaluru Municipal Corporation
All other places with a population of less than 5 lakh
3. The classification of Cities/Towns and Other Places in the State shall be on the basis of 2011 Census figures until further orders.
4. All other conditions stipulated in G.O. No. FD 18 SRP 2012 dated: 19.10.2012 for grant of House Rent Allowance shall continue to apply.
5. These orders shall come into effect from 1st April 2015.
By Order in the name of the
Governor of Karnataka
Deputy Secretary to Government