Free Sticky Notes Utility
Stickies is a virtual post-it notes program that allows you to place sticky notes on your desktop, which will remain where placed until closed – even across reboots.
The appearance of the sticky notes can be customized in color, font, transparency and other aspects. The notes can be sent across a networked and also synchronized with friends, imported/exported, sent by email and attached to application windows.
You can choose to hide or show all notes with a single click from the tray and also recover notes that have been deleted in the past. Stickies can be hidden (sent to sleep) for a certain period, or until a specified date and time, to act as a reminder.
- Once on screen, stickies will remain where placed until closed, even through reboots
- Stickies appearance can be customised; fonts, colours and buttons may be changed, and styles saved. Stickies can be resized.
- Stickies can snap to each other and to the sides of the screen to keep them neatly lined up
- Stickies can be attached to a web site, document or folder so they only show when it’s on screen
- Stickies can be transferred from one machine to another either over a TCP/IP network connection, or by using an SMTP mail server or MAPI client:
- Hierarchical friends list, which may be automatically transferred from other friends
- Play a sound file on receive
- Signature for transmitted or emailed stickies
- Favourite friends, and custom lists can be made
- Stickies can be hidden for a certain period, until a specified date and time, or to wake every day, week or month, to act as reminders.
- Stickies can have alarms set to ensure you notice them at a point you choose
- Stickies can be transferred to and from your Palm or PPC PDA.
- International language and RTL text support
- Stickies works with Windows Vista
- Stickies is small and simple, it writes to a single text file, and does not alter the registry
- AD network administrators can use Group Policy to control settings
- API to allow integration with other applications