Extending the Notional Monetary Benefit under TBOP and BCR Scheme to Postman/Mail Guards – DOP
Extending the Notional Monetary Benefit under TBOP and BCR Scheme to Postman / Mail Guards for the period from 01.01.1996 to 09.10.1997 in the revised pay scale of Rs.3200-4900 and Rs.4000-6000 – DOP Clarification
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi — 110001
- All Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General
- Chief General Manager, BD Directorate / Parcel Directorate /PLI Directorate.
- Director, RAKNPA / GM, CEPT / Directors of All PTCs
- Addl. Director General, Army Postal Service, R.K.Puram, New Delhi
- All General Managers (Finance) / Directors Postal Accounts / DDAP
Sub: Clarification for extending the Notional Monetary Benefit under TBOP and BCR Scheme to Postman / Mail Guards for the period from 01.01.1996 to 09.10.1997 in the revised pay scale of Rs.3200-4900 and Rs.4000-6000 respectively – reg.
Kindly refer to this office OM of even no. dated 23-05-2018 regarding ‘Notional Monetary Benefits’ to the Postmen/Mail Guards w.e.f. 01-01-1996 to 10-10-1997 in the revised pay scale of Rs. 3050-4590 and clarification issued vide this office letter of even no. dated 31.01.2019 in compliance of Hon’ble Supreme Court Judgment dated 07.05.2015 in the Civil Appeal No. 2010/2009.
2. Vide OM dated 23.05.2018 notional monetary benefits were granted in the entry level pay scale but there is no mention about the benefits in respect of TBOP and BCR scales granted during the period, which, in fact, created an anomaly as both the entry level (notional scale) and TBOP scale of Postman/Mail Guard Cadre were remained in same pay scale i.e. 3050-4590 during the period in question. As such, Postmen who were granted TBOP / BCR during the period from 01.01.1996 to 09.10.1997, were deprived from the benefit of financial up-gradation to the next higher pay scale under TBOP / BCR Scheme.
3. On this anomaly, some Circles have sought for clarification as to whether Postman / Mail Guard, who were granted TBOP upgradation during the period from 01.01.1996 to 09.10.1997 will continue to draw the same scale of pay i.e. 3050-4590 or shall be upgraded to the next immediate higher scale i.e. 3200- 85-4900 w.e.f. the date of promotion on TBOP basis.
4. The issue has been considered in the Directorate in consultation with Ministry of Finance. In this regard, the relevant para of approval conveyed by the Department of Expenditure (E.III-A Branch), Ministry of Finance 1s re-produced as under:
“…2. The above matter has been examined 1n this Department. This Department has agreed to the proposal of Department of Posts for extending the Notional Monetary Benefit under TBOP/MACP-I and BCR/MACP-II Scheme to Postman/Mail Guards for the period from 01-01-1996 to 09-10-1997 in the revised pay scale of Rs. 3200-4900 and Rs. 4000-6000 respectively as per the condition imposed by the Hon‘ble Supreme Court that the concerned employees will not be entitled for any arrears of wages/salaries for the interregnum period i.e. from 01-01-1996 to 10-10-1997.._”
5. It is therefore, requested to take an immediate action in this regard and ensure strict adherence in true spirit.
(Dr. Vincent Barla)