Admittance Foreign Language Allowance – PCDA(O) Pune Advisory No. 47 dated 18.07.2022
O/o PCDA(O) Pune, Public Relation office (PRO)
Sub.: Admittance Foreign Language Allowance
Ref.: Gol, MoD OM No. 1(16)/2017/1D (Pay/Services) dated 18th Sept 2017
Your kind attention is invited to IHQ of MoD (Army), OM Number under reference which stipulates the admissibility of Foreign Language Allowance in respect of Army Officers.
2. Foreign Language Allowance is admissible to Qualified Army Officers provided he/she is actually performing the duties involving the use of Foreign Language as Translator/Instructor/Interpreter.
3. Army Officers have to publish Part II Order for claiming Foreign Language Allowance admissible from 01/07/2017. Requisite Occurrence Codes have already been provided at Serial No. 3.86 to 3.89 at page No. 74 of Documentation Procedure for Publication of Part TH Orders (Officers)-2014. Necessary certificates as per Sr. No. 16 of Documentation Procedure for Publication of Part I] Orders (Officers)-2014 are required to be incorporated in the Part II Order.
4. Occurrence Codes, Category and Rates of Allowances arc as below;
|Sr. No.||Occurrence Codes||Category||Rate as per Appndx B to MoD letter No. 1/(16)/ 2017 /D (Pay/Services) dated 18th Sept 2017|
|01||GTDLNGL1||Cat III||Rs.1,350/- p.m.|
|02||GTDELNGL2||Cat II||Rs.1,689/- p.m.|
|03||GTDENGL3||Cat I||Rs. 2,025/- p.m.|
|04||STPENGLI||—||For Stoppage of Allowance|
5. Terms and Conditions for grant of Foreign Language Allowance are applicable as stipulated in Gol, MoD letter No. 22(1)/83/D(GS-H) dated 03rd Feb 1984.
6. Categorization of Allowances
a. Category III: French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Serbo-Croatian and Czech
b. Category II: Arabic, Malay/Bhasha, Indonasia, Thai, Turkish, Persian, Pushto, Sinhalese, Bhutanese.
c. Category I: Chinese (mandarin), Japanese, Russian, Tibetian, Swahili, Burmese and Uighur.
This is for your kind information please.
This is issued with kind approval of PCDA (OQ), Pune.
Shri Lehana Singh IDAS