Steps to prevent misuse of Tatkal Scheme
The Ministry of Railways has considered the functioning of Tatkal Scheme of reserving train tickets, and problems noticed in the scheme. In order to prevent misuse of ‘Tatkal’ Scheme Indian Railways have taken following measures:-
- With a view to reduce the chances of misuse of e-ticketing facility by IRCTC agent, Indian Railways has decided to stop Quick Book Option and cash card booking between 8 AM to 9 AM. Further, individual users are permitted to book only two tickets between 8 AM to 9 AM.
- Access to ‘Tatkal’ booking to the agents booking through internet has been denied during the opening hours of reservation in the morning between 8 AM to 9 AM.
- The provision of carrying one of the eight prescribed identity cards by any one of the passengers booked on ‘Tatkal’ ticket, introduced from 11th February 2011 to prevent transfer of ‘Tatkal’ tickets.
- Facility of change of name is not permissible on ‘Tatkal’ tickets.
- Regular checks are conducted by senior officials at Reservation Offices particularly during opening hours in the morning to check the activities of touts and other unscrupulous elements.
- The load of IRCTC’s server has been augmented to ensure easy accessibility to passengers booking tickets through internet.
- Refund rules have been made stringent to discourage frivolous and proxy bookings.