Rare Photos of India
[T]hese are some of the rarest photographs taken during the period from 1857 to 1947.
The collection includes:
- The image of The times of India front page that reports the freedom of our country
- We know that millions and millions of people pledged their life for freedom struggle right from the Indian Rebellion of 1857. But nothing would not have been as cruel as one of this photograph titled as "unknown Freedom Fighters hanged"
- You can also see certain rare pictures on the day of Freedom to India (15th Aug 1947) such as first flag of India after freedom, people waiting to see the Prime Minister Nehru Ji, First Parade after freedom, First Salute by Mountbatten for Indian Flag etc.
The other pictures are
- The telegraph system in 1860
- Delhi in 1908
- Indian map in 1857
- Jama Maszid in 1857
- Jantar Mantar in 1857
- Jhansi Fort in 1857
- Kashmiri Gate, Delhi in 1857
- postage in 1857
- Lal Bahadur Shastri with his wife in an Aircraft
- Lord Macaulay's Address to the British Parliament on 2nd February 1835 about India
- Nethaji's Death Certificate
- Nethaji with Adolf Hitler
This is the Slide show of those photographs (Click on the play arrow button on the middle of following image-Use left and right navigation buttons in the left bottom of the slide show for previous/next image)