Group A and B Govt Officers may be asked to file movable property return

Government Servants in the Group A and B services may be asked to file their annual statement of movable properties (such as bank accounts, vehicles, investments etc) soon. Presently, employees in these grades are required to file only annual immovable property returns only.

Mr.V. Narayanasamy, Minister of State for Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), indicated Government’s proposal in this connection.

As per the Central Civil Services (CCA) Rules 1964 and All India Services (Conduct) Rules 1968, government servants are supposed to file their Immoveable Property Returns (IPRs) as on December 31 every year by January 31 the next year. Most of the services officers’ declarations have now been posted on websites of respective departments from last year.

The format for IPR, according to the DoPT, calls for “particulars of all immoveable property owned, acquired or inherited by him or held by him on lease or mortgage, either in his own name or in the name of any member of his family or in the name of any other person dependent on Government Servant.”

 source: The Indian Express