TNEA 2014 – Eligibility Criteria
TNEA 2014 – Anna University is conducting Tamilnadu Engineering Admission 2014. TNEA2014 is a process of allotting Engineering seats to 1,50,000 students in around 500 Engineering Colleges in Tamilnadu through single window system. The details of eligibility criteria is given below
Eligibility Criteria for TNEA 2014
- Candidates who have passed VIII, IX, X, XI and XII in Tamilnadu. No need to enclose Nativity Certificate.
- Children of Central Government employees who are working in Tamilnadu for the past 5 years continuously.
- Children of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre officers.
- Children of Public Sector employees who are employed in Tamilnadu at the time of submission of application and continuously working in Tamilnadu for the past 5 years.
- Other State students who have passed VIII, IX, X, XI and XII in Tamilnadu. No neet to enclose Nativity Certificate.
- Students native of Tamilnadu but studied VIII, IX, X, XI and XII or its equivalent in other States can apply along with Nativity Certificate.
- Srilankan Tamil Refugees should submit Identification certificate.
- Improvement marks will not be considered.
- Only Male candidates are eligible for Mining Engineering Branch .
- For Marine Engineering Physical fitness is also required as per standards prescribed.
- A pass in HSC (XII) with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or HSC Vocational subjects with any of the subjects viz., Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The community wise minimum percentage of marks are given below:
A Pass with
Minimum average marks in Related Subjects, Vocational Theory and Practicals put together
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim||
|MBC & DNC||
The Vocational Courses prescribed for BE/BTech with group code is given below:
421 General Machinist
422 Electrical Machines and Appliances
423 Electronic Equipments
424 Draughtsman Civil
425 Auto Mechanic
426 Textile Technology
Anna University is empowered to conduct TNEA 2014 and has already issued advertisements in leading news papers (Advertisement No.236/EA3/2014).
Please note that the Last Date for submitting the filled in application is 20.05.2014.
The filled-in application along with enclosures should be sent to:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions
Chennai – 600 025
[catlist tags=”Tamilnadu-Engineering-Admissions-2014″ numberposts=10]