RRB Junior Engineer Syllabus 2014 – Download Junior Engineer Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Exam Date @ www.indianrailways.gov.in
RRB Junior Engineer Syllabus 2014 – The Railway Recruitment Board is going to conduct the written examination for recruiting the various vacant posts of Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, Maintenance, Communication, Mechanical, Electronics, Automobile, Industrial, IT. Printing Press) & Depot Material Superintendent in their department.
We give below the RRB JE Syllabus, Exam Pattern , Exam Dates as detailed below :
RRB Junior Engineer Syllabus :
- Now all the applicants who applied for this exam those are searching for their RRB Junior Engineer Exam pattern / Syllabus 2014 on the internet to better preparation and score more in this exam. All the related candidates can check & download their RRB Junior Engineer Exam Pattern / Syllabus at its official website at – www.indianrailways.gov.in. or we shall additionally provide detail of exam pattern & syllabus.
RRB Junior Engineer Syllabus | Exam Pattern 2014 :
- All appearing candidates should get their RRB Junior Engineer Syllabus & Exam Pattern, because basic preparation is not enough to get maximum marks in Junior Engineer Exam 2014. When candidates will get their Junior Engineer Pattern & Syllabus 2014, then they can know that which type of questions will be asked in exam and other useful information.
- As per the official notification the RRB Junior Engineer Exam is scheduled to be hold on 14th December, 2014 and the Senior Section Engineer exam is scheduled to be held on 21st December 2014. Applicants should follow the syllabus when it will be uploaded publicly by the Railway Recruitment Board.
RRB Junior Engineer Exam Pattern :-
- Question Type :- Objective Type Multiple Choice Question in the Written Exam for Junior Engineer (Junior Engineer ).
- Total Question :- 150 Questions.
- Time Duration :- 2 Hours.
- Marking Scheme :- There will be Negative Marking of 1/3 Marks in the written exam.
- 90 Questions will be asked from Technical Ability & General Science.
- 60 Questions will be from General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning
RRB Junior Engineer Exam Syllabus :
General Intelligence & Reasoning :
- Questions will be asked from analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetic reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning.
- Algebra Basic algebra, factors & simplification, polynomials, Arithmetic Simple & compound interest, installments, taxation, shares & dividends, Ratio & proportion, percentage, time, distance & work, profit & loss, Pipes & Cisterns, Mensuration, Problem on Ages, Investment etc.. From Data Interpretation Use of Tables and Graphs, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart, Pictorial Graph etc.
- Question will be asked from Indian History, Indian Polity, Current Events, Geography, Economy etc. Focus will be on Current national & International events, banking, sports etc. Some questions from Finance & Marketing can be ask in the exam. Focus will be on News related to Railway, Rail Budget, New Technologies & Reform in Indian Railway.
- Questions will be of Basic Concept of Science (Class 12th standard), Questions will be ask from Daily use science. Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Zoology.
- Questions will be ask from the Subject/ Trade/ Branch select by candidate. For Section Engineer Some Mathematics questions from topics Laplace Transformation, Matrices, Basic Linear Algebra will be ask.
Questions for Technical Ability will be from following Topics of Eligible Trades:-
Civil Engineering :–
- Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Concrete Structures, Steel Structures, Soil Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics, Hydrology, Bridge Construction, Water requirements, Highway Planning, Traffic Engineering, Importance of surveying, principles and classifications, mapping concepts, coordinate system, map projections, measurements of distance and directions, leveling, theodolite traversing, plane table surveying, errors and adjustments, curves, Environmental Engineering, Estimating, Costing and Valuation & Building Materials.
- Focus will be Mainly on Construction/ Structure Engineering. Some Questions from Basic Drawing type will be ask in the exam. Questions ask will be General Civil Engineering Type.
Mechanical Engineering :-
- Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Theory of Machines, Design for static and dynamic loading, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics, Power Engineering, Steam Tables, Rankine, Brayton cycles with regeneration and reheat, I.C. Engines: air-standard Otto, Diesel cycles, Metal Casting, Machining and Machine Tool Operations, Metrology and Inspection. Questions will be ask from basics of these Subjects & beam types.
Electrical Engineering :-
- Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems, Electric Circuits and Fields, Signals and Systems,Electrical Machines, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical and Electronic Measurements, Analog and Digital Electronics, Power Electronics and Drives. In Electrical Engineering Key Subject for RRB exam is Electrical Machines, Basics of circuit & Power Electronics.
Electronics Engineering :-
- Electronic Devices: Energy bands in silicon, intrinsic and extrinsic silicon. Carrier transport in silicon: diffusion current, drift current, mobility, and resistivity. Generation and recombination of carriers.p-n junction diode, Zener diode, tunnel diode, BJT, JFET, MOS, MOSFET, LED, p-I-n and avalanche photo diode, Varactor Diode, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, Signal & Systems , Control System & Communication Basics. For Electronics & Communications people Focus on Basic & Fundamental Electronics Concept, Signal & Systems, Wireless Communication, Antennas, Arrays, EMFT.
Computers Engineering :–
- MS Office; Computer fundamentals & organization; C , C++ & Java language; Information systems; DBMS; System programming; Operating systems; UNIX; SAD; Data & Network communication; Web technology & programming; Software Engineering, Computer Networks, Databases, Algorithms.
Instrumentation & Measurement :-
- Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems, Transducers, Mechanical Measurement and Industrial Instrumentation, Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Signal Systems, Measurement System, Process Control, Control Systems & Instrumentation. Focus will be more on Transducers, Measurement & Control Systems. Some questions of Signal & System will be ask in the RRB exam.
Junior Engineer (IT) :-
- MS Office; Computer fundamentals & organization; C , C++ & Java language; Information systems; DBMS; System programming; Operating systems; UNIX; SAD; Data & Network communication; Web technology & programming; Software Engineering; Environment & Pollution Control.
Junior Engineer (Printing Press) :-
- Mathematics & Science including Physics, Chemistry, Environment & Pollution Control of class X standard; Printing techniques; Printing materials; Paper & Ink technology; Digital technology & Imaging; Control Application in Printing; Printing surface preparation; Offset Printing; Color science; Flexo & Gravure; Newspaper printing; Basic concepts of Computers.
Environment & Pollution Control :-
- Nature of questions is Basie Type. It will be a test of General Engineering topics of Environment, Pollution Control Methods, Type of Pollution etc.
Engineering Drawing / Graphics :-
- In Engineering Drawing Sections questions will be ask from basics of Drawing. Candidates have to focus on Fundamental of Graphics & Engineering Drawing.