South Indian Bank PO Recruitment 2018 (Probationary Officers) – One year diploma course
South Indian Bank has invited applications from candidates for a one year Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance course in Manipal Global Education Services Pvt. Ltd. (MaGE), Bangalore.
On successful completion of the course within the stipulated time period, the candidates would be offered appointment in the bank as Probationary Officer in Scale-I.
Candidates shall be selected through selection process consisting of online test followed by Group
Discussion or/and Personal Interview. Admission to the One-year full-time post graduate diploma course in Banking and Finance from Manipal Academy of Higher Education(MAHE) (Deemed to be University) to be conducted at Manipal Global Education Services Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore (MaGE) comes with the assured Banking career with South Indian Bank on successful completion of the course.
Eligible Candidates are requested to apply ONLINE through Bank’s website www.southindianbank.com.
No other means/modes of applications will be accepted. Before the registration, candidates are requested to ensure that there is a valid email id in his/her name.
All future communications in this regard will be notified in our website including call letter for the Online Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
1. Important Dates
|Online Application – Start Date||20.06.2018|
|Online Application – End Date||27.06.2018|
2. No. of Vacancies: 100
The number of vacancies is provisional and may vary according to the actual requirements of the Bank/future contingencies.
|Educational Qualification as on 31.12.2017||X/ SSLC, XII/ HSC & Graduation with minimum 60 % marks under regular course.|
|Age||Less than 25 years as on 31.12.2017. Candidate should be born not earlier than 01.01.1993 and not later than 31.12.1998 (both days inclusive). Upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates.|
- Candidates who are meeting the requisite educational qualification as on 31.12.2017 only will be eligible to apply.
- Candidate should have passed X, XII and Graduation under regular course (full time course) from a
recognised University/ Institute recognised by the Govt. of India. Educational qualification by mode of
distance education will not be considered.
- If Grade/ CGPA is awarded instead of marks, only candidates securing CGPA/ Grade equivalent to 60% or more may apply. Equivalent percentage should be mentioned at the time of application.
- Those who have scored less than 60% marks will not be eligible for applying. Rounding off to the
nearest integer is not allowed. (for e.g. 59.99 % cannot be rounded off to 60 % )
4. Programme and Course Fee
The selected candidates shall undergo 8-months residential campus programme at the Manipal Global Education Services Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore (MaGE) and 4 months’ internship at Bank Branch. During the Campus programme, a well-structured syllabus is designed to meet the skill sets as required and to identify candidates in areas of their excellence. On successful completion of the programme, the candidates may be awarded Post Graduate Diploma in Banking & Finance by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) and will be absorbed to the services of the Bank as Probationary Officer in Scale I cadre. The fees for this Course will be Rs. 3.50 lakhs (all inclusive of boarding, Lodging and course fees, other fees, etc.) plus taxes, as applicable to be paid by the student.
5. Financing / Loan Options
All the candidates selected for the program will be eligible for availing educational loan facility provided by the Bank. The EMIs for the loan would start from the month of joining the Bank. There would be no recovery of EMIs or interest during the One year course period and the interest accrued during this course period of one year would be recovered along with the normal EMIs. The EMIs are spread over a period of 84 months (7 years) to ensure that there is minimal impact on the monthly earnings of the Probationary Officer.
The students will paid a sum of Rs 3,000/- p.m. during 8 months classroom training and an amount of Rs 15,000/- p.m. during internship period of 4 months.
7. Loyalty Bonus
The loyalty bonus of Rs.3,50,000/- shall be paid to the officers as annual installments from the end of 5th year upto the end of 10th of year of continuous service in the Bank based on the satisfactory performance of the candidates and recommendation from the Performance Evaluation Committee.
8. Probation Period
The period of probation is 2 years (inclusive of one year course period). Confirmation will be subject to satisfactory performance during probation.
IBA approved pay scale of Rs. 23700– 980/7 – 30560- 1145/2 – 32850- 1310/7 – 42020 plus DA, HRA & other allowances (likely to be revised). Eligible for Performance Linked Incentive applicable to Scale I officers.
10. Posting Location
Posting Location can be anywhere in India at the sole discretion of the Bank
11. Job Profile
The selected candidates can be posted in any roles/ profiles at any branches /offices/ departments as per the
sole discretion and requirements of the Bank from time to time.
The job role/ profile include branch banking, credit, business development, marketing, forex, treasury , central
processing centres etc.
12. Mode of Selection
Online Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- Initial Short listing will be done based on the online test marks.
- Final Selection will be based on the consolidated marks obtained for online test, GD and Personal Interview.
- Bank reserves the right to make required modifications in the selection process considering the number of applications for the post.
13. Application Fee
General Category: Rs.800/-
SC/ST Category: Rs.200/-
Excluding GST and other charges
Candidates meeting the stipulated norms only need to apply for the post. Application fee once remitted will not be refunded in any case.
14. How to Apply
DETAILED GUIDELINES/PROCEDURES FOR
a) APPLICATION REGISTRATION
b) PAYMENT OF FEES
c) PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE SCAN AND UPLOAD
Candidates can apply online only from 20.06.2018 to 27.06.2018 and no other mode of application will be accepted.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO BE NOTED BEFORE REGISTRATION
Before applying online, candidates should:
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload.
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank may send intimation to download call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile number.
- APPLICATION FEES (NON REFUNDABLE)
PAYMENT OF FEE ON LINE: 20.06.2018 to 27.06.2018
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees will have to be borne by the candidate.
a) Application Procedure
- Candidates to visit the Bank’s website ‘www.southindianbank.com’ click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click on Register Button” and enter the details. A Provisional Registration Number and Password (as Date of Birth) will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND CONTINUE” tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND CONTINUE” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Certificates/ Mark sheets/Identity proof. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by checking the “I accept the Terms & Conditions and Rules & Regulations” checkbox and clicking on “Save and Continue”
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature detailed under point “C”.
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMIT.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
b) Payment of Fees
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE
- On successful completion of the transaction, a Registration Slip will be generated.
- Non-generation of ‘Registration Slip’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the Registration Slip and online Application Form containing fee details. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
c) Guidelines for scanning and Upload of Photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm) & Signature
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below. Candidate should also ensure that photo is uploaded at the place of photo and signature at the place of signature. If photo in place of photo and signature in place of signature is not uploaded properly, candidate will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- The photograph must be a recent passport size looking directly at the camera, in colour preferably, against a white or light background
- If there is a red-eye effect, please edit to remove it
- If you wear glasses, these should not be tinted glasses. Check to make sure that the photograph has no reflections. Your eyes and face should be clearly visible
- Wearing of caps, hats or any tinted or dark glasses is not acceptable. Religious head wear is allowed but it must not cover the face
- Preferred dimensions of your photograph is given below.
- Photo size should be equal to or less than 100-200 KB with 200 dpi. The Dimension should be 3.5 cms (width) X 4.5 cms (height)
- Signature size should be equal or less than 100-200 KB with 200 dpi. The Dimension should be 6 cms (width) X 3 cms (height)
- Please upload correct photograph and signature, otherwise your application will be cancelled
- In case you wish to resize the image, use the link “Click HERE to resize your image” to resize the photograph.
- In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear the candidate’s application may be rejected. After uploading the photograph/ signature in the online application form candidates should check that the images are clear and have been uploaded correctly. In case the photograph or signature is not prominently visible, the candidate may edit his/ her application and re-upload his/ her photograph or signature, prior to submitting the form.
- After registering online candidates are advised to take a printout of their Registration Slips.
Please note that the physical copy of the Application need not be sent.
15. General Conditions
- Before filling in the online application form, the candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills all the eligibility criteria with respect to age, educational qualifications, work experience etc. in respect of the post for which he/she is making the application. The applicants will be called for the online test/GD/Interview based on the information provided in the online application form submitted by them. If the information furnished by the candidate is found to be false at later date, the selection / appointment shall be liable for termination
- Upper age limit will be relaxed by five years, only in the case of SC/ST candidates. Candidates belonging to SC/ST should submit attested copies of certificates from a competent authority to prove their status in this regard as and when called for.
- Mere eligibility will not vest any right on the candidate for being called for online test/ GD/ interview. In matters regarding eligibility and selection, Bank’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Candidates will have to appear for Online Test, GD & Interview at their own cost.
- Candidates willing to serve anywhere in India only need to apply.
- Offer for Appointment will be issued in phases for selected candidates as per Bank’s requirement.
- Appointment of the selected candidates will also be subject to Medical fitness, satisfactory background verification and completion of other formalities as per the rules and regulations of the Bank from time to time.
- Selected candidates at the time of joining the course will have to execute an agreement to the effect that they will serve the Bank for a minimum period of three (3) years (active service) from the date of their joining the Bank. In case of discontinuance, the following terms will be applicable:
- During course period:
- Repay the full amount of stipend received during the programme period plus Rs.1,50,000/-
towards training and liquidated damages.
- Settle the education loan outstanding at the time of discontinuance (if any).
- Repay the full amount of stipend received during the programme period plus Rs.1,50,000/-
- Within 3 years of joining the service of the Bank
- Provide notice of three months (continuous service without leave)
- Settle the education loan outstanding at the time of discontinuance (if any).
- Payment of Rs.1,50,000/- (towards compensation and liquidated damages) plus 3 months Pay & Allowances last drawn (towards shortage in notice period if any) at the sole discretion of the Bank.
- After 3 years of joining the service of the Bank
- Provide notice of three months (continuous service without leave) plus 3 months Pay & Allowances last drawn (towards shortage in notice period if any) at the sole discretion of the Bank.
- Settle the education loan outstanding at the time of discontinuance (if any)
- During course period:
16. Details of Online Test
I. Download of Call Letter
Candidates will have to visit the Bank’s website ‘www.southindianbank.com’ for downloading call letters for online test. Intimation for downloading call letter will also be sent through email/SMS. Once the candidate clicks the relevant link, he/she can access the window for call letter download. The candidate is required to use (i) Application Number, (ii) Password/Date of Birth for downloading the call letter. Candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the call letter preferably the same as provided during registration and appear at the examination centre with (i) Call Letter (ii) Photo Identity Proof as stipulated in clause (II) below and also specified in the call letter and photocopy of the same Photo Identity Proof as brought in original.
CANDIDATES REPORTING LATE i.e. after the reporting time specified on the call letter for Examination will not be permitted to take the examination. The reporting time mentioned on the call letter is prior to the Start time of the test. Though the duration of the examination is 2 hours, candidates may be required to be at the venue for about 4 hours including the time required for completion of various formalities such as verification and collection of various requisite documents, logging in, giving of instructions.
II. Identity Verification
In the examination hall as well as at the time of interview, the call letter along with original and a photocopy of the candidate’s currently valid photo identity (bearing exactly the same name as it appears on the call letter) such as PAN Card/ Passport/ Permanent Driving Licence/ Voter’s Card/ Bank Passbook with photograph/ Photo identity proof issued by a Gazzetted Officer on official letterhead along with photograph / Photo identity proof issued by a People’s Representative on official letterhead along with photograph / valid recent Identity Card issued by a recognized College/ University/ Aadhar card/E-Aadhar Card with a photograph/ Employee ID/ Bar Council Identity Card with photograph should be submitted to the invigilator for verification. The candidate’s identity will be verified with respect to his/her details on the call letter, in the Attendance List and requisite documents submitted. If identity of the candidate is in doubt the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the Examination.
Ration Card and Learner’s Driving License are not valid id proofs.
Note: Candidates have to produce in original the photo identity proof and submit photocopy of the photo identity proof along with Examination call letter as well as the Interview Call Letter while attending the examination/ interview respectively, without which they will not be allowed to take up the examination/ interview. Candidates must note that the name as appearing on the call letter (provided during the process of registration) should exactly match the name as appearing on the photo identity proof.
Female candidates who have changed first/last/middle name post marriage must take special note of this. If there is any mismatch between the name indicated in the Call Letter and Photo Identity Proof the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the examination. In case of candidates who have changed their name, will be allowed only if they produce original Gazette notification / their original marriage certificate / affidavit in original.
- The examination will be conducted online in venues given in the respective call letters.
- No request for change of centre/venue/date/session for Examination shall be entertained.
- Bank, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- Bank also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
- Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risks and expenses and Bank will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- Choice of centre once exercised by the candidate will be final.
If sufficient number of candidates does not opt for a particular centre for “Online” examination, Bank reserves the right to allot any other adjacent centre to those candidates OR if the number of candidates is more than the capacity available for online exam for a centre, Bank reserves the right to allot any other centre to the candidate.
Tentative Cities for Online Test
Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Guwahati, Delhi NCR, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Mumbai, Pune, Bhopal, Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai and Kolkata
IV. Biometric Data – Capturing and Verification
Biometric data (thumb impression) and the photograph of the candidates will be captured on the day of the Examination .The biometric data and photograph will be verified subsequently. Decision of the Biometric data verification authority with regard to its status (matched or mismatched) shall be final and binding upon the candidates.
Candidates are requested to take care of the following points in order to ensure a smooth process
- If fingers are coated (stamped ink/mehndi/coloured etc), ensure to thoroughly wash them so that coating is completely removed before the exam.
- If fingers are dirty or dusty, ensure to wash them and dry them before the finger print (biometric) is captured.
- Ensure fingers of both hands are dry. If fingers are moist, wipe each finger to dry them.
- If the primary finger (thumb) to be captured is injured/ damaged, immediately notify the concerned
authority in the test centre.
V. Exam Pattern
|S.No||Name of Test||No. of Qs||Max Marks||Version||
Time allotted for each test
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||35||35||Only English||35 minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||35||35||15 minutes|
|3||English Language||35||35||35 minutes|
|4||Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretations||35||35||35 minutes|
VI. Other Instructions
- The possibility of occurrence of some problem in the administration of the examination cannot be ruled out completely which may impact test delivery and/or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include movement of candidates, delay in test. Conduct of a re-exam is at the absolute discretion of test conducting body. Candidates will not have any claim for a re-test. Candidates not willing to move or not willing to participate in the delayed process of test delivery shall be summarily rejected from the process.
- Decision of Bank in all matters relating to recruitment will be final and binding on the candidate. No correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained by the Bank in this behalf.
- If the examination is held in more than one session, the scores across various sessions will be equated to adjust for slight differences in difficulty level of different test batteries used across sessions. More than one session are required if the nodes capacity is less or some technical disruption takes place at any center or for any candidate.
- Bank would be analyzing the responses (answers) of individual candidates with those of other candidates to detect patterns of similarity of right and wrong answers. If in the analytical procedure adopted by Bank in this regard, it is inferred/ concluded that the responses have been shared and scores obtained are not genuine/ valid, Bank reserves right to cancel the candidature of the concerned candidates and the result of such candidates (disqualified) will be withheld.
- Instances for providing incorrect information and/or process violation by a candidate detected at any stage of the selection process will lead of disqualification of the candidate from the selection process and he/she will not be allowed to appear in any Bank recruitment process in the future. If such instances go undetected during the current selection process but are detected subsequently, such disqualification will take place with retrospective affect.
VII. Action against candidates found guilty of misconduct/use of unfair means
Candidates are advised in their own interest that they should not furnish any particulars that are false, tampered with or fabricated and should not suppress any material information while submitting online application. At the time of examination, interview or in a subsequent selection procedure, if a candidate is (or has been) found guilty of –
- using unfair means or
- impersonating or procuring impersonation by any person or
- misbehaving in the examination/ interview hall or disclosing, publishing, reproducing, transmitting, storing or facilitating transmission and storage of contents of the test(s) or any information therein in whole or part thereof in any form or by any means, verbal or written, electronically or mechanically for any purpose or
- resorting to any irregular or improper means in connection with his/ her candidature or
- obtaining support for his/ her candidature by unfair means, or
- carrying mobile phones or similar electronic devices of communication in the examination/interview hall, such a candidate may, in addition to rendering himself/ herself liable to criminal prosecution, be liable :
- to be disqualified from the examination for which he/ she is a candidate
- to be debarred either permanently or for a specified period from any examination conducted by bank
- for termination of service, if he/ she has already joined the Bank.
THE ACCESS TO THE BANK’S WEBSITE COULD BE DELAYED TOWARDS THE CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMITTING THE ONLINE REGISTRATION DUE TO HEAVY INTERNET TRAFFIC. HENCE THE CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO AVOID LAST MINUTE RUSH AND MAKE USE OF THE TIME SPAN AVAILABLE FOR SUBMITTING THE APPLICATIONS ONLINE. THE BANK DOES NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CANDIDATE NOT BEING ABLE TO SUBMIT HIS/HER APPLICATION DUE TO NON-AVAILABILITY OF INTERNET OR ANY OTHER REASON BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE BANK.
For queries please contact:
Toll Free Customer Care Number 1800-425-1809/ 1800-102-9408 or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org