UPSC Combined Medical Services 2018: Official notification released
UPSC Combined Medical Services 2018: Union Public Service Commission, UPSC has released the official notification for Combined Medical Services, CMS Examinations 2018. The commission released the notification on May 2nd and is now up on the official website upsc.gov.in. Interested candidates can apply online to the examination before May 25, 2018 on upsconline.nic.in. Eligibility, details on vacancy, how to apply and important dates are provided below. A total of 454 posts would be filled by the means of CMSE 2018.
UPSC CMSE 2018 – Important Dates:
- Date of Notification – 2nd May 2018
- Application Process Begins – 2nd May 2018
- Application Process Ends – 25th May 2018, 6 PM
- Date of Examination – 22nd July 2018
UPSC CMSE 2018 Vacancy Details:
Total Posts: 454 Posts
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways: 300 Posts
- Assistant Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services: 16 Posts
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services: 138 Posts
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CMS Examination 2018:
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed MBBS final examination. For more details, candidates can visit the official website.
Age limit: The maximum age of the candidate should be 32 years. Age relaxation would be provided as per the norms.
Candidates have to pay Rs.200/- as an application fee through the Debit Card/Credit Card and there is not any kind of application fee for the SC/ST.
UPSC CMS 2018 Selection Process:
- Computer Based Examination (Two Objective Type Papers)
- Personality Test
UPSC CMS 2018 Exam Pattern:
The UPSC Exam consists of two sections Computer Based Exam and personality test.
|Types of Exam||Papers||Exams Topics||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Part – I(Computer Based)||Paper 1||General Ability||30 questions||250 Marks|
|General Medicine||70 questions|
|Total Questions- 120|
|Paper 2||Surgery||40 questions||250 Marks|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics||40 questions|
|Preventive & Social Medicine||40 questions|
|Total Questions- 120|
|Part – II(Personality Test/ Interview)||Paper 1||General Knowledge||100 Marks|
UPSC CMS Exam 2018 Syllabus:
(I) Syllabus of Paper-I:
(a) General Ability
(b) General Medicine (General Medicine including Cardiology, Neurology, Dermatology and Psychiatry)
(II) Syllabus of Paper-II:
(a) Surgery (Surgery including ENT, Ophthalmology, Traumatology and Orthopaedics)
- General Surgery
- Urological Surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Otorhinolaryngology E.N.T. V Thoracic surgery
- Neuro Surgery
(b) Gynaecology & Obstetrics
(c) Preventive Social & Community Medicine
(III) Personality Test:
To check Candidate’s intellectual curiosity, the balance of judgement and alertness of mind, critical powers of assimilation, the ability for social cohesion, initiative and capability for leadership, the integrity of character.
How to Apply for UPSC CMSE 2018?
- Visit the official website – https://upsconline.nic.in/
- Click on “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC”
- Click on ‘Click Here for PART I’ and then proceed to PART II to complete the application process
- Download the confirmation page and take a printout for further reference
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor