UPSC Civil Services Prelims Admit card 2018 / UPSC IAS Admit Card 2018 Released
UPSC Civil Services Prelims Admit card 2018: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the Admit cards for the Civil Services preliminary exam 2018 online.The candidates who have registered for the exam can download the e-Admit card from the official website of the Commission at upsc.gov.in. A technical instruction guideline published on the official website reads, ‘Do not use mobile or other gadgets for downloading e-ADMIT CARD. Preferably use Windows OS on Desktop Machine.’ The candidates are advised to check eAdmit Card carefully and bring discrepancies, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
The civil services examination is conducted annually by the UPSC in three stages preliminary, main and interview to select officers for Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS) among others. This year, the Civil Services preliminary exam along with the Indian Forest Services exam will be held on June 3, 2018. The civil services (preliminary) examination, 2017 was conducted on June 18, 2017. 9,57,590 candidates had applied for it and 4,56,625 actually took it.
How to download e-admit card for the Civil Services Prelims 2018 examination?
- Open the official website at upsc.gov.in
- Click on the admit card link
- It will redirect to a new page
- Enter your details such as registration number or the roll number
- Your admit card will be displayed online
- Click on save and take a print out of your eAdmit card for future reference
This year, the number of vacancies to be filled on the basis of the result of the examination is expected to be approximately 782 which includes 32 vacancies reserved for Persons with Benchmark Disability Category.
UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2018: Rules For Candidates
- In case the photograph is blurred or is not available on the admit card, candidates shall have to carry to identical photographs to the exam hall along with ID proof.
- ID proof can be Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Passport, Voter ID Card etc.
- Errors, if any, found in the e-admit card can be communicated to the Commission at [email protected].
- Black ball point pen must be used for the exam
- Objections against the question paper of Civil Services prelims 2018 can be submitted online through Online Question Paper Representation Portal (QPRep). The link will be active from June 4 till June 10, 2018.
UPSC Civil Services Exam Prelims 2018 – Services and Posts
UPSC aims to recruit personnel for the Services and Posts mentioned below:
(i) Indian Administrative Service.
(ii) Indian Foreign Service.
(iii) Indian Police Service.
(iv) Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
(v) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(vi) Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
(vii) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(viii) Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
(ix) Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
(x) Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
(xi) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(xii) Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
(xiii) Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
(xiv) Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
(xv) Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
(xvi) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
(xvii) Indian Information Service(Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
(xviii) Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’.
(xix) Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
(xx) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
(xxi) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxii) Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxiii) Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
(xxiv) Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor