JEE MAIN 2018 / Joint Entrance Examination COMPUTER BASED EXAMINATION FOR PAPER-1 (B. E./B. TECH.) OF JEE (Main) – 2018
JEE MAIN 2018 : Guidelines to Candidates
1. Please check the Admit Card carefully for your Name, Paper, Date of Birth, Gender, Test Centre Name, City, State Code of Eligibility and Category. In case of any discrepancy, communicate to JEE (Main) Secretariat/CBSE immediately for necessary action.
2. The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidate subject to his/her satisfying the eligibility conditions.
3. Candidates are advised to reach the venue at least 2½ hours before the examination so as to complete the frisking and registration formalities well before the time. Registration desk will be closed
05 minutes prior to the examination.
4. The candidate must show, on demand, the Admit Card for admission in the examination room/hall.
A candidate who does not possess the Admit Card issued by the Board shall not be permitted for the examination under any circumstances by the Centre Superintendent.
5. The candidates claiming the relaxation under PwD category must carry with them the copy PwD
certificate in the prescribed format (Appendix 9) issued by the Competent Authority.
6. No candidate, under any circumstances, will be allowed to enter the Examination Centre after the commencement of the examination.
7. A seat indicating roll number will be allocated to each candidate. Candidate should find out and occupy their allotted seat only. Any candidate found to have changed room or the seat on his/her own other than allotted, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and no plea would be accepted for it.
8. The candidate should ensure that the question paper available on the computer is as per his/her choice of medium. In case, the question paper is in medium other than his/her choice, the same may be brought to the notice of the Invigilator concerned.
9. No Candidate will be allowed to carry any baggage inside the Examination Centre.JEE Apex Board will not be responsible for any belongings stolen or lost at the premises.
10. Candidates are not allowed to carry any textual material, Calculators, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, printed or written material, bits of papers, mobile phone, pager or any other device, except the Admit Card, identity proof, document as required under point no. 5 of para 7.1 inside the Examination Room/Hall. If any candidate is in possession of any of the above items, his/her candidature will be treated as unfair means and his/her current examination will be cancelled & he/she will also be debarred for future examination(s) & the equipment will be seized.
11. Smoking and eating is strictly prohibited in the examination room.
12. Tea, coffee, cold drinks or snacks are not allowed to be taken into the examination rooms during examination hours.
13. Approach the Centre Superintendent/Invigilator in the room for any technical assistance, first aid emergency or any other information during the course of examination.
14. No candidate, without the special permission of the Centre Superintendent or the Invigilator concerned, will leave his/her seat or Examination Room until the full duration of the paper. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as instructed by the Centre Superintendent/Invigilators.
15. For any queries or issues regarding computer based examination, the candidates may contact on toll free Call Centre No. which will be available on JEE (Main) website later on.
16. The candidates, suffering from diabetes, are allowed to carry into the examination hall the eatables like sugar tablets / fruits (like banana/apple/ orange) and transparent water bottle. However, the candidates are not allowed to carry packed foods like chocolate / candy/ sandwich in the examination hall.