JEE Main Admit Card 2018 / Joint Entrance Examination Hall Ticket 2018 details
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will release JEE Main 2018 admit card tentatively in the second week of March 2018. Only registered candidates will be able to download their JEE Main admit card.
Download here: CBSE will issue JEE Main 2018 Admit Card in the second week of March 2018. As soon as it releases you can download it at jeemain.nic.in.
To download the admit card of JEE Main 2018, the candidates will have login by submitting their application number, password and security pin. Candidates must ensure that there are no discrepancies in the details before downloading JEE Main admit card 2018. The admit card is an important identity document that all candidates will have to keep safe and produce in the examination centre.
Details about the candidate i.e., their name, exam timings, information about the exam centre, application number and more will be present in JEE Main 2018 admit card.
The candidates will have to bring their Photo ID proof to the examination centre along with the admit card of JEE Main 2018. T
he admit card will be issued provisionally subject to the satisfying the eligbility criteria by candidates during admission.
If candidates don’t bring the JEE Main admit card 2018 to the examination centre, then they will not be allowed to sit for the JEE Main exam.
|Last Date to Register for JEE Main||January 1, 2018|
|Release of JEE Main Admit Card||2nd week of March, 2018|
|JEE Main Paper I (Offline)||April 8, 2018|
|JEE Main Paper II (Offline)||April 8, 2018|
|JEE Main Online Exam||April 15 and 16, 2018|
|Publishing of Answer Keys||April 24 to 27, 2018|
|Declaration of Result for Paper I||April 30, 2018|
How to download JEE Main 2018 Admit Card?
The steps to download the admit card is mentioned here:
- Go to the official website and click on the link “Admit Card”.
- Enter your application number and password and click on enter/submit
- Provide the roll number and details related to class 12th board/qualifying examination. The same process is applicable for candidates who have passed class 12th in the previous year
- Download and print the admit card
Important: Before downloading JEE Main 2018 admit card, ensure that all the details reflecting on the admit card are correct.
It is advisable to log on to the website using only a desktop computer or laptop. You might be able to access the same pages through your mobile phone, but for safety reasons, it is advisable to login only with your computer instead. Ensure that a printout of the admit card is taken and also save a soft copy on the disk, just in case.
Details to check in JEE Main 2018 Admit Card :
The details that candidates need to check beefore printing the admit card of JEE Main 2018
- Date of Birth
- Test Centre
- Name, City
- State Code of Eligibility
In case of any discrepancy, candidates should immediately contact the JEE (Main) Secretariat/ CBSE for necessary action.
What if one forgets JEE Main 2018 Application Number or Password?
In case any candidate forgets his/her JEE Main Application Number or Password, then that candidate should use the account recovery option, which can be done by following some simple steps mentioned below.
- Go to JEE Main 2018 Admit Card download page
- Enter JEE Main 2018 Application Number and Password
- If you don’t remember the aforementioned details, then click on “I can’t access my account”
- A window will appear
- Select any of the following two options
-I forgot my Password
-I forgot my Application Number
- Click on “CONTINUE” button. The following options will get displayed
-Using Security Question & its Answer you have chosen during Form filling
-Using a verification code sent via text message (SMS) to your Registered Mobile Number
-Using a reset link sent via Email to your Registered Email address
- Select any one of the aforementioned options
- Click on “CONTINUE” button
- You will be directed to another page where details as per the chosen option will have to be filled. Enter the following particulars to retrieve your JEE Main 2018 Application Number,
-Date of Birth
-State of Eligibility
- JEE Main 2018 admit card will be available online only.
- Aadhaar card is mandatory for filling online application form of JEE Main 2018. The candidates, who have not yet enrolled for Aadhaar, are required to make application for enrollment from any Aadhaar enrollment center.
- There will be no weightage for higher secondary marks in calculating the ranks in JEE Main examination.
- For the applicants to qualify for admission in NITs, IIITs & such other CFTIs whose admission is based on JEE Main ranking, they must have a score of minimum 75% marks (65% for reserved categories) in higher secondary standard or be in the top 20 percentile in a higher secondary exam.
What are the Documents to carry at JEE Main 2018 Exam Centres?
|Things To Be Carried On The Day Of JEE Main Exam 2018|
|Paper I||Paper II|
Use of JEE Main 2018 Admit Card after exam
- Candidates may note that the JEE Main admit card is an identity document. It will be required during counselling. Therefore candidates should dafe keep it till their admission.
- The admit card of JEE Main is issued provisionally. Candidates cannot claim admissions if they just possess the admit card. Their eligibility must be proven during the counselling.
JEE Main 2018 examination will be held offline on April 8 and online on April 15 &16. Admissions to eligible candidates will be offered through JEE Main into the participating NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. The exam also acts as a qualifying examination for those candidates who wish to attempt JEE Advanced 2018.
In Case Of Discrepancies In The JEE Main 2018 Admit Card
Under any circumstances, if the candidate comes across any discrepancies in their admit cards, then they should immediately get in touch with the JEE (Main) Secretariat. Candidates can also get in touch with the officials via email or telephone. We have mentioned the contact details to get in touch with the officials below.
|Helpline No.||7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526|
|Helpline No. for queries related to Computer Based Exam.||18002669778 (operational from 1st March 2018)|
|Email for queries related to Computer Based Exam.||[email protected] (operational from 1st March 2018)|
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern
The table below comprises of the exam pattern for JEE Main 2018:
|Exam||Subjects||Type of Questions||Mode of Exam||Duration|
|Paper 1 (B.E./ B. Tech.)||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Objective type with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Pen and Paper based OR Computer based||3 Hours|
|Paper 2 (B.Arch./ B.Planning)||Mathematics – Part I Aptitude Test – Part II & Drawing Test – Part III||Objective type Objective type Questions to test drawing aptitude||Only Pen and Paper based||3 Hours|
JEE Main 2018 Exam Centres
The exam will be conducted in various cities across India as well as abroad. Candidates have to fill their choices of exam cities at the time of filling the application. Candidates must choose four exam centre (for offline exam) or one exam centre (for online exam). Any request for change in examination centre will not be entertained.
Exam centre shall be allotted as per choices filled by candidates. Some major exam centres are Port Blair, Guntur, Itanagar, Guwahati, Patna, Chandigarh, Raipur, Daman & Diu, Delhi, Panaji, Ahemadabad, Surat, Gurgaon, Shimla, Jammu, Dhanbad, Bengaluru, Ernakulam, Bhopal, Gwalior, Mumbai, Pune, Imphal, Shilong, Balasore, Puducherry, Ajmer, Jaipur, Gangtok, Chennai, Hyderabad, Agartala, Dehradun, Roorkee, Agra, Lucknow, etc.
Instructions for Candidates
Some important exam instructions for candidates are given below:
- All the candidates should bring the printout of the admit card along with the one ID proof.
- Candidates can bring Aadhaar Card/Voter ID Card with them.
- Students belonging to PWD category should also carry a photocopy of PWD certificate.
- Carefully check all the details printed in the JEE Main admit card 2018. In case of any mistake, contact to the JEE Main Secretariat.
- Students are suggested to reach the exam centre 2 ½ hours before the exam to complete the verification & security process.
- Calculator, textual material, log tables, slide rules, mobile phones, pagers, etc are not permitted in the exam centre.
- For offline exam, candidates must bring their clip board at the exam centre.
- Candidates are not allowed to enter the examination hall without admit card, ID proof & PWD certificate (if required).
- If students found using any unfair means, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be debarred from taking examination.
About JEE MAIN
The Central Board of Secondary Education will conduct the JEE-MAIN on April 2, 2017 (pen and paper mode) and April 8 and 9 (online mode).
The JEE-MAIN is an all-India level engineering entrance exam conducted by the CBSE. It is required for students to gain admission to engineering courses at IITs, NITs, IIITs, deemed universities and other centrally funded technical institutions.
JEE-MAIN is conducted in two parts i.e. Paper I and Paper II. Paper I (BE/B Tech) will be conducted in both computer-based (online) and paper-Pen (offline) mode while Paper II (B Arch/B Planning) will be conducted in pen-paper mode only.
Candidates who want to appear for JEE-Advanced 2017 will have to clear the JEE-M test first.
Best wishes – GC TUTOR