TNOU B.Ed Distance Education Admission 2019 Notification
TNOU B.Ed Distance Education Admission 2019 – Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) is conducting the Entrance Examination for admission to B.Ed. Program for January 2019 Batch. Interested candidates can check all the details of TNOU B.Ed. Admission 2019 like application form, eligibility criteria, selection procedure etc from this page.
Downloading of B.Ed. (General) Application & Prospectus from TNOU’s Official Website – 11.09.2018
Last Date for Admission into B.Ed.(General) – 30.11.2018
The Cost of Application form for B.Ed., Admission is Rs.500/-
Application Form for Admission of B.Ed., Programme:
The candidates may download B.Ed., Application – CY-2019, fill the details referring to the B.Ed. prospectus (enclosed) and submit the application enclosing the relevant certificates and application processing fee of Rs. 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred only). The Candidates on satisfying the eligibility criteria they can take-up B.Ed., Spot admission in the TNOU Regional Centres of the respective B.Ed., Learner Support Centre submitting the B.Ed., Programme Fee of Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only). The Demand Draft for Application Processing Fee and Programme Fee should be taken separately drawn in favour of “Tamil Nadu Open University” payable at Chennai /Payment in the form of Challan (enclosed)
Please write the following details on the backside of the Demand Drafts in CAPITAL LETTERS:
Name of the Applicant :
Programme : B.Ed.
Address with Phone No. :
* Filled-in downloaded B.Ed., Applications, received by TNOU without fee will be summarily rejected.
- The candidates should have passed the UG degree examination in 11+1+3 or 10+2+3 pattern.
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education (such as D.T.Ed.,) in any Government recognised school within the state of Tamil Nadu.
- The candidates who have completed a NCTE recognised teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.
The total strength of seats for B.Ed., admission is 1,000. These candidates will be admitted to Tamil medium (500 students) and English medium (500 students) based on the rank list separately prepared for each medium. 100 seats will be allotted to each Learner Support Centre.
Medium of Instruction and Examination:
The medium of instruction is both in Tamil and English. Application is common for both English and Tamil medium of B.Ed., Programme. The candidate has to select any one of the medium, either Tamil or English. However, the student-teachers are allowed to prepare their assignments, practical records and take the term-end examinations either in English or Tamil.
B.Ed Fee Structure:
Reservation of Seats:
1. Reservation of seats for candidates belonging to BC, MBC/DNC, SC and ST communities will be made as per the rules and regulations of the Government of Tamil Nadu, as follows.
a. In the 18% for Scheduled Castes (SC), 3% of seats will be offered to Arunthathiyars (within the seats of SC).
b. Scheduled Tribes (ST) – 1%.
c. Most Backward Classes (MBC) and De-notified Communities (DNC) – 20%.
d. In the 30% of Backward Classes (BC), 3.5% of seats will be offered to Muslims (within the seats of BC) and.
e. Open Competition (OC) – 31%.
2. Admission to every Learner Support Centre shall be made strictly by following the rule of reservation as per law in force.
3. For the Wards of Ex-Servicemen of Tamil Nadu origin, one seat will be reserved in each Learner Support Centre.
4. 3% of the sanctioned strength will be reserved for Differently-abled (Physically and Visually challenged) students in each College of Education (Learner Support Centre).
Important Instructions to Candidates:
1. If community is not mentioned, your application will be considered under OC category.
2. Selection for admission into B.Ed., Programme and allotment of Learner Support Centres will be made only based on the marks obtained in the UG degree (rank list), other preference criteria and also following the community reservation policy of Government of Tamil Nadu during spot admission.
3. If for any reason, the identified Learner Support Centres are cancelled, then the University has got the right to shift the students to a suitable Learner Support Centre.
4. Application is common for both English and Tamil medium of B.Ed., Programme. The candidate has to select any one of the medium, either English or Tamil.
5. Other State candidates are not eligible for applying B.Ed., Degree Programme.
6. Tamil Nadu Open University B.Ed., admissions are made strictly only on the basis of merits. Only those candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria fixed by the University will be admitted. Candidates will not be admitted if they are not eligible as per the eligibility criteria as on the date of spot admission. The candidates should not be misled by false promises for admission made by the private institutions or individuals.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor