TNEA rank list 2018, How to check TNEA Rank List 2018
TNEA Rank List 2018 – Anna University will publish both the overall rank and category-wise TNEA 2018 rank lists tentatively in the 4th week of June in online mode only after the release of TNEA random number 2018. Candidates will be able to access the TNEA rank list 2018 by entering their registered email ID and password.
TNEA Rank List 2018 Released
Anna University has published TNEA Ranking list online on its official website for all students who applied after the release of TNEA random number 2018.
Check your TNEA Rank list online by login to tnea portal with your user ID and date of birth to know your engineering ranking for Anna University counseling.
Candidates who’ve applied for tnea 2018 may check their ranking number to know tnea counselling dates 2018 allotted to them.
RANK LIST Publishing Date : June 28, 2018
CHECK YOUR TNEA RANK 2018 – CLICK HERE)
The rank list of TNEA 2018 will be prepared based on marks obtained by candidates in the prescribed subjects in qualifying exam, after reducing them to a base of 200 (Physics + Chemistry =100, Mathematics =100). Mathematics, as can be seen, will carry more weightage than either of the other two subjects. Also, to account for difference in difficulty level of different boards, a normalisation method will also be used for preparing the TNEA rank list 2018.
In case two or more candidates score the same marks in the common merit list, the inter-se merit will be determined based on set parameters, including issue of random number. The call letter of TNEA will be issued to candidates who have been shortlisted for counselling based on the TNEA 2018 rank list.
TNEA 2018 Rank List– Important Dates:
|1||Issue of Random Number||Third week of June 2018|
|2||Publication of Rank List||Fourth week of June 2018|
|3||TNEA Counselling Starts||Last week of June 2018|
How to check TNEA Rank List 2018?
- Log on to the official website, www.annauniv.edu
- Click on the TNEA 2018 rank list link
- On the log-in panel that opens, enter the following details: Email ID & Password
- Click on Login button
- The TNEA 2018 rank list will be displayed on screen
- Take the printout of rank list and keep secure till admission procedure.
How is TNEA 2018 Rank List prepared?
- For preparing the rank list of TNEA 2018, the marks obtained in physics, chemistry and mathematics in the qualifying exam will be considered, but only after reducing them to 200.
- Mathematics will carry maximum weightage (100), while Physics and Chemistry will combined have weightage of 100.
- Normalisation of Marks: Considering there may be variation in difficulty level between the State Board of Tamil Nadu and other Boards or Authorities, the marks will be equated by adopting a normalisation process. In this process, if the highest mark obtained by a candidate of Tamil Nadu Board is 100, in say Chemistry, and by a student from another board is 90, both the scores will be treated as equal to 100. If another candidate of the same board scores 60 in the subject (where the highest mark is 90), it will be considered as equivalent to 66.66.
100*60/90 = 66.66
- After normalising the scores, the candidates will be put on a common merit list.
Inter-se Merit for TNEA Rank List 2018:
The TNEA 2018 rank list will be prepared based on total marks of 200. It may happen that two or more candidates may obtain the same marks, in which case the inter-se merit between the candidates will be determined based on the following priority:
- % of marks in Mathematics
- % of marks in Physics
- % of marks in the fourth optional subject
- Date of birth of the candidate (the older candidate will get preference)
- Assigned random number (higher the random number, the higher the priority)
The figure below shows this process clearly.
So anna university rank list is based on the random number and this is why random number is published before the anna university rank list.
Two types of Rank List
1. Open/General Rank List
In this rank list, students are ranked without consideration of community. This is for the selection of seats in general category in the single window counselling.
2. Community Rank List
In this rank list, students from a particular community are ranked among each other. This rank list is for the selection of engineering college seats that are allotted for a particular community like BC, MBC, SC and ST.
TNEA 2018 Merit List:
A separate merit list will be prepared for offering admissions on the basis of candidate’s 12th standard marks. The higher rank will be given to the candidates those have secured higher marks in their 12th class. Admission will be strictly provided on the basis of prepared merit list by the university. Counselling process will be conducted separately for the seven categories such as OC, BC, BCM (BC Muslim), MBC & DNC, SC, SCA and ST reservation.
TNEA 2018 Random Number:
The random number is the number which is allotted by the university to each candidate. Basically, it is a number which is allocated to the candidates to attend the counselling. Random number will be provided to the candidates before ranking of the candidates for preparing the merit list. The random number will be assigned after verification of the application form. After assigning the random number, the merit list will be prepared by the university.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor