TNEA 2019 – Exam Schedule Released; Check Registration, Eligibility & Counselling Details
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) is conducted by Anna University for undergraduate admissions in colleges of Tamil Nadu. As per the latest notification, the online registration for TNEA 2019 will commence from May 2, 2019 and continue till May 31, 2019. The TNEA counselling will be for the engineering seats of Anna University, Government or Government Aided Colleges and seats surrendered by other engineering colleges in Tamil Nadu. The counselling process will begin on July 3, 2019.
Anna University will release the list of TNEA 2019 Participating Institutes. There are more than 500 colleges under Anna University. During the counselling, process candidates may choose among all the colleges which are offering the undergraduate program through TNEA 2019. Allotment of the participating institutes will be done on the basis of various criteria like candidate’s merit, category and preferences.
TNEA 2019 Details:
|Counselling Title||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA)|
|Conducting Body||Anna University, Chennai|
|Counselling Type||State Level Counselling|
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualifying 10+2 Board Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Admission||On the basis of the Rank achieved in Counselling|
044-2235 8044 044 22358-45
044-2235 8065 044 22358-66
044-2235 8067 044 22358-68
TNEA 2019 – Important Dates:
|Announcement of official notification||April 22, 2019|
|Availability of online application form||May 2, 2019|
|Last date of submitting the application form||May 31, 2019|
|Random Number Generation||June 3, 2019|
|Publication date of merit/rank list||June 17, 2019|
|Counselling for Differently Abled Candidates||June 20, 2019|
|Online Counselling for Academic Stream||July 3, 2019|
|End Date of Counselling||July 30, 2019|
TNEA 2019 – Eligibility:
- Candidates who belong to the state of Tamil Nadu and have completed their 10+2 from the state of Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply for TNEA 2019.
- Those who do not belong to the state of Tamil Nadu, but have completed their 10+2 education from the state of Tamil Nadu can also apply.
- Candidates who belong to the state of Tamil Nadu, but have completed their 10+2 education from another state are also eligible, they need to submit a nativity certificate to the conducting authority.
- Candidates who are the children of employees working for the central government can also apply for TNEA 2019. However, they need to show the nativity certificate of their parents or guardians who have been serving the state of Tamil Nadu continuously from the last 5 years.
- Son and daughter of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre officers are also eligible for TNEA 2019.
- Candidates must have passed their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are compulsory subjects in the qualifying examination.
- The general category should score 50 per cent, backward class including backward class Muslim must be 45 per cent above and MBC & DNC, SC/ STA/ ST are 40 per cent in their HSC exams with minimum average marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
- The minimum age of the candidates should be 18 years.
- The maximum age of applicants should be 25 years.
- As per the rules of Anna University, age relaxation provision is present for the reserved category.
Rs. 500/- (general category) and Rs. 250/- (reserved category).
Candidates can make the payment through credit card/debit card/net banking.
TNEA 2019 – Application Form:
TNEA 2019 Application Form will be available from May 2, 2019.
- Visit the official website for TNEA.
- Click on the “Online Registration” link.
- Candidates need to register themselves by creating a login ID and password through OTP verification.
- Candidates must ensure that the email ID and mobile number they are submitting are active and valid so that the university can communicate them.
- After successful registration, candidates can log in easily with their username and password.
- Candidates have to fill the personal details that are asked in the application form.
- Similarly, fill the academic details in the application form.
- After filling the application form online, candidates must verify all the details given by them in the form by using the preview button.
- Candidates must take a printout of the filled application form.
TNEA 2019 – Counselling:
TNEA 2019 rank/merit list will be published by the university on June 17, 2019. The authority will create the rank list on the basis of percentage that candidates have scored in 10+2 examination.
TNEA 2019 Counselling will commence after the publication of the merit list. Selected candidates will be called for counselling by the university.
- The counselling procedure will start on June 20, 2019.
- During the counselling process, colleges will be allotted to candidates.
- Candidates are required to pay the initial deposit of INR 5000 (general category) and INR 1000 (SC/ST/SCA category) as the counselling fee.
- They can make the payment in cash or DD.
TNEA 2019 Counselling Procedure:-
Step 1 – Registration
The candidate needs to register themselves for the counselling process.
Step 2 – Application Scrutiny
Here, the eligible candidates are selected out of non-eligible ones. After critical examining, a random number of TNEA will be allotted to all the candidates moving ahead in the admission procedure.
Step 3 – Rank List Publication
Candidates will receive the ranks based on the merit through the rank list.
Step 4 – Call Letter Availability
Selected candidates have to download the counselling call letter.
Step 5 – Single Window Counselling
Candidates have to go for single window counselling on the prescribed date, time and venue.
Documents Required During Counselling:-
Candidates need to show their original documents during counselling for verification. The documents that are required during the process of counselling are as follows:
- Class X and class XII Certificate and Mark sheet
- Identity proof
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate
- Counselling call letter
- Six passport size photographs
Choice Filling: Candidates have to fill the college choices from the given institutions for B.Tech programs in order of their priority.
Seat allotment: Based on merit, reservation and choice filling, the candidates are allotted seats. After this, the candidates must collect the allotment order. After verifying the allotted college, aspirants have to report to the college and get enrolled before the last date.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor