TNEA 2018 / Tamilnadu Engineering Admission 2018 / Anna University Admission 2018
TNEA 2018: Anna University conducts Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) to offer admissions to candidates in various engineering colleges in the state of Tamil Nadu. TNEA counselling is a single window process and admissions in Tamil Nadu engineering colleges are offered through such a process because authorities believe that such an initiative facilitates transparency. Candidates need to note that TNEA written exam has been scrapped and so seats are allotted in TNEA 2018 through merit list. The merit list for this entrance exam is created on the basis of Class 12 score scaled to 200. TNEA 2018 official notification is expected to release in the 1st week of May 2018.
TNEA 2018 Important Dates:
|Notification Release date||1st week of May 2018|
|Availability of Application form||1st week of May 2018|
|Last date to submit Application form||Last week of May 2018|
|Publication of merit list||Last week of June 2018|
|Counselling Started||Last week of June 2018|
TNEA Application Form 2018:
- Candidates will get the application form through online mode or offline mode.
- The TNEA 2018 application form will be issued from the 3rd week of April 2018 till Last week of May 2018.
- TNEA Online Registration link will be provided in our website.
- Candidates will get the offline application from the TNEA designated center or by post.
- Before filling the application form, candidates must read the instruction carefully & fill form correctly.
- After filling the TNEA online application form 2018, candidates have to submit the form along with the relevant documents in the given address:
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions
Chennai – 600025
Candidates can make payment through online and offline mode. The application fee is given below:
- Offline mode: Candidates have to submit Rs. 700 (For General) & Rs. 450 (For ST/SC/OBC).
- Online mode: Candidates have to deposit Rs. 500 (For General) & Rs. 250 (For ST/SC/OBC).
- Candidates, those belong to the Tamil Nadu state & complete their 10+2 education from the state is eligible.
- Candidates, those don’t belong to the Tamil Nadu state, but pass their 10+2 education from the state can apply.
- Native candidate of Tamil Nadu who passes their 10+2 examination from another state can also apply but they have to submit a valid nativity certificate.
- Children of central government employees can also apply for the admission process. They have to show their parents/guardians native certificates who have been serving in Tamil Nadu for last five years continuously.
- Daughters & Son of All India Service Tamil Nadu Cadre Officers can also apply for this exam.
- Age Limit: Candidate’s age should be not less than 18 years & not exceed 25 years.
- Relaxation: There is an age relaxation for the reserved category as per the university rules.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to complete their 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCM as a compulsory subject from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score 50% marks (General Category), 45% marks (OBC Category) & 40% marks (MBC, DNC, SC, ST & SCA Category).
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
- Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
- Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSC or equivalent exam.
TNEA 2018 details:
|Name of Admission Process||Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions|
|Conducting Institute||Anna University|
|Purpose||Admission to B.E./B.Tech and B.E. (Sandwich) programmes at participating universities.|
|Number of Participating Institutes||563|
|Admission Process||Admission will be based on marks obtained in qualifying exam. No separate entrance exam will be conducted by Anna University.|
|Counselling Fee||Rs. 5000 (Rs. 1000 in case of ST/SC/SCA candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu)*
|Reservation of Seats||According to regulations defined by Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Counselling Procedure||In-person single window counselling conducted in offline mode.|
|Courses Offered||B.E. /B.Tech – 4 academic years consisting of 8 semesters
B.E. (Sandwich) – 5 academic years made up of 10 semesters
|Available Seats||1.5 Lakh (Approximate)|
Top 10 institutes offering admissions under TNEA 2018:
|S.No||List of Participating Institutes||Ownership||Total no of seats|
|1||Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai||Private||860|
|2||PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore||Private||300|
|3||College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai||Government||1290|
|4||Madras Institute of Technology, Chennai||Government||900|
|5||Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore||Private||1200|
|6||Kongu Engineering College, Erode||Private||1680|
|7||Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore||Government||700|
|8||Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur||Private||1380|
|9||Velammal Engineering College, Chennai||Private||600|
|10||St.Joseph’s College of Engineering, Chennai||Private||540|
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor