TNEA 2018 Application Form, Eligibility, Dates, How to Apply
TNEA 2018 Application Form will be started from the first week of May 2018. Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions is organized by Anna University. TNEA is a admission process hence entrance exam will not be conducted for admissions in engineering colleges. The candidates can get the admission on the basis of class 12th board exam percentage. The candidates will be offered B.Tech/B.Arch degree courses offered by the various engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu. In this article we have written the information of about TNEA 2018 Application form, including, applications dates, eligibility criteria, how to apply, etc.
TNEA 2018 Application Form:
The application form of TNEA 2018 will be available only in online mode. After filling in the online registration of TNEA application form 2018, the candidate will have to send printout of the completed online application in person or by post to: Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025.
The application form must be accompanied by photocopies of relevant certificates and photographs and must reach the above mentioned address on or before the last date. The registration fee must be paid only online. Candidates must pay the registration fee as per the category they belong to, or else their applications will be rejected.
When filling the application form of TNEA 2018, care must be taken to enter only genuine information. The TNEA application form 2018 will include fields like education details and personal details. Also, when uploading any documents, the candidate must conform to the prescribed format.
Documents need to be Enclosed with the Application Form:
- 10th mark sheet
- HSC/equivalent mark sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- HSC Hall Ticket
- Permanent Community Certificate card SC, ST, SCA, MBC & DNC, BCM & BC
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-certificate (If Applicable)
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee Certificate (If Applicable)
TNEA 2018 Eligibility:
TNEA 2018 eligibility criteria reflects that candidates will be eligible for admissions if they fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria:
Candidates are eligible to apply for admission through TNEA if they are:
- Tamil Nadu candidates who have passed their Class VIII to Class XII standard in Tamil Nadu.
- Children of Central Government Employees, irrespective of their nativity, provided their parents or guardians (only if both parents are not alive) have been serving in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past five years at the time of TNEA application form submission.
- Sons/daughters of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre officers.
- Children of employees in the Public Sector or Government recognised institutions who at the times of TNEA 2018 application form submission had been working in their organisations for the past five years are also eligible to apply, irrespective of their domicile.
- Other state candidates who have studied from Class VIII to Class XII in Tamil Nadu can also apply for TNEA 2018.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates who have passed any of the VIII, IX, X, XI and XII standards or their equivalent examinations from schools situated outside Tamil Nadu can also apply for TNEA.
Candidates need to have passed HSC or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The category-wise minimum aggregate % of marks required in the three subjects is given below:
|Category||Minimum % of marks in aggregate in PCM|
|Backward Class including Backward Class Muslims||45|
|MBC and DNC||40|
Candidate who are applying to Marine Engineering mustn’t be older than 25 years on the last day of submission of online application deadline.
Additional Requirements for Marine Engineering:
- Minimum Height: 157 cm
- Minimum Weight: 48 Kg
- Vision: Normal
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for other state candidates:
Under the other-state quota, candidates who are Indian citizens but not a native of Tamil Nadu can apply.
Qualifying Exam and Marks: Candidates need to score a minimum of 50% aggerate marks in PCM taken together (40% in case of SC/ST candidates) in HSC or equivalent exam.
TNEA 2018 Application Dates:
Candidates can check the tentative application dates for B.Tech and B.Arch courses in given below tables.
|Issue of notification for Online Registration of B.E./B.Tech.||Last week of April 2018|
|Commencement of application form||First week of May 2018|
|Last date to register||Last week of May 2018|
|Last date of submission of filled-in application form||First week of June 2018|
|Assigning of random number||Third week of June 2018|
|Display of rank list||Third week of June 2018|
|Counselling for Vocational||Third week of July 2018|
|Counselling for Academic||Fourth week of July 2018|
|Starting of online registration of application||Fourth week of June 2018|
|Last date for New Users for online Registration/Payment||First week of July 2018|
|Last date for submission of application||First week of July 2018|
How to apply online:
- Go to the official website, www.annauniv.edu
- Click on TNEA 2018.
- The homepage of the website will be displayed on the screen.
- Read the instructions before applying.
- To fill the application form, click on “Online Application” on homepage.
- Read the guidelines and click on ‘Next’ button.
- Candidates will be appeared with the steps for registration.
- The login page will open on the screen.
- Candidates can choose any one of the options, i.e. ‘Already registered candidate’ or ‘New User Registration’.
- Fill all mandatory details like name, gender, nationality, father’s name, mother’s name, category, mobile no., date of birth, etc.
- After filing all details click on ‘Register’ button.
- A validation box will pop up, click on OK button.
- Enter your login email Id, password and verification code and click on LOGIN button.
- Fill your personal details and click on ‘Save and Logout’ or ‘Save and Preview’ button.
- After verification click on ‘Save & Continue to Pay’.
- Select any one of the payment gateway to pay the fee.
- Fill the academic details and click on OK and “Generate Application TNEA 2018”.
- Click on ‘Confirm’ button and generate the application.
- Take a printout of the application form and keep it safe.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor