TNEA 2018 – Anna University Counselling 2018 (online counselling details)
TNEA 2018 – Anna University Counselling 2018: The Tamil Nadu government has issued orders for Anna University to conduct online counselling for the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) and Tamil Nadu Common Admissions (TANCA) from the academic year 2018-2019. TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions) counselling process will be conducted online this year for the first time. The announcement was recently made by the Higher education minister K P Anbazhagan. The reason behind the transition is to make the process hassle-free for aspirants coming from different parts of the state by preventing the ordeal of travelling, boarding, lodging and financial expenses.
To facilitate the process, around 44 centres will be set up across 32 districts of Tamil Nadu. Based on the area and number of applicants, each district will have one or more TNEA Facilitation Centres (TFCs) to help students through all the counselling stages. These TFCs will include Anna University, government and government-aided colleges affiliated to the university. Few government arts and science colleges along with government polytechnics will too offer this facility.
The counselling procedure will kick-start once the Plus two examinations ends. Students shall register themselves in the Counselling portal with their Bio, Communication Details. They shall upload their marks, documents online.Select the colleges from the list and order them as preferences. Based on the availability and priority students will get college and seats. The counselling may be conducted as sessions for a lot.
TNEA 2018 – Anna University Online Counselling details:
As the TNEA 2018 goes completely online, the procedure for the Anna University counselling also made some new changes. According to that, the TNEA 2018 Counseling process will be taken into three phases,
1. Registration and Application: To begin with, aspirants will have to register for TNEA counselling process online by paying Rs. 500 (250 for SC/SCA/ST). Candidates who do not have an internet connection can head straight to the TFCs which will help them register for the exam.
2. Certificate Verification: In the second stage, candidates will be required to go to the TFCs with their application, original certificates and their photocopies. Students will be given a week’s time to choose the closest TFC which can be in any district across the state. During this time, students will also be handed out a booklet with information of all colleges, seats and courses. This handbook will also be available online. Besides this, a video too will be displayed at the TFCs instructing the process to guide students.
3. Counselling Process: The third phase will comprise of five rounds. Each round will be held over 5 days where candidates will have three days to enter their tentative option (college/course). They may take the next two days to confirm the allotment given to them. Students will have the option to carry this process online but they can also approach the TFCs for the same. At this stage, aspirants will be required to pay a sum of Rs. 5,000 (1,000 for SC/SCA/ST) as initial deposit for college admissions.
Note: During each stage, SMS as well as an email alert will be sent to candidates.
TNEA Counselling 2018:
The TNEA counselling procedure will take place in following steps:
- Candidates will be called for counselling process on the basis of their merit list.
- It will be organized through online mode.
- The counselling will be started from the 4th week of June 2018.
- On the basis of merit and communal reservation, the seat will be allotted to the candidates in various colleges of Tamil Nadu.
- In counselling process, the college/branches will be allotted to the candidates.
- During counselling, candidates original documents will also verified.
- Candidates have to pay the initial deposit of Rs. 5000/- (Rs. 1000/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) as a counselling fee.
TNEA Counselling Procedure 2018
All eligible candidates who have applied will be grouped into rounds as per merit list. Counselling will be held round wise therefor each group will have one round of counselling. SMS and email alerts will be sent to the applicants via their registered ids and mobile numbers during each stage of counselling
Candidates need to check the complete counselling procedure of TNEA 2018 below. It is important for candidates to follow the counselling procedure step-wise to not miss on anything worth considering.
Step 1 – Filing of application
Step 2 – Random Number Generation (by TNEA Authority)
Step 3 – Certificates Verification at Designated TNEA Facilitation Centre.
Step 4 – Rank Publication (by TNEA Authority)
Step 5 – Payment of Initial Deposit
Step 6 – Exercising the choices of institutions and Branches
Step 7 – Publication of Tentative Allotment on a notified date (by TNEA Authority)
Step 8 – Confirmation of allotment option by the candidates
Step 9 – Final allotment of institution and branch (by TNEA Authority)
The detailed steps of TNEA 2018 counselling procedure have been provided below:
Step 1 – Registration: Candidates will have to fill the online TNEA application form 2018 and register at first. They have to provide their personal and academic details while registering for TNEA. They must pay the required Registration fees through Payment Gateway using Debit Card, Credit Card, Net banking. Candidates will have to download the printout of the application and get a print out to submit only at the time of certificate verification. Fees payable are Rs 500 for Gen/OBC and Rs 250 for SC/ST/SCA.
Step 2 – Random Number Generation: The random number is a number that is unique to each applicant and is generated by the system. It is used to resolve any issues in allotment of merit ranks in case of candidates scoring the same marks but which is unreolved by the inter-se-merit guidelines. Candidates will require to log in and download the random number assigned to them and safe keep it.
Step 3 – Certificate verification: Anna University will announce a list of facilitation centres in each district. Candidates must go these centres to get the original documents verified before participating in the counselling and seat allotment. A random number will be also allotted to all the candidates ahead of the rank list.
Document verification: Candidates will have to carry all of their original documents to the counselling. The list of documents is provided below.
- Class X Mark Sheet
- HSC / Equivalent Mark Sheet*
- Transfer Certificate*
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC and BCM (either Permanent card or electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate)
- HSC Hall Ticket
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate – If applicable
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration (only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate) – If applicable
- Srilankan Tamil Refugee certificate – If applicable
Special Reservation Form(s) with DD and Relevant Certificate(s) – If applicable.
Step 4 – Rank List Publication: The rank list of all the candidates will be published by Anna University. Candidates will get their names along with their ranks mentioned in the rank list.
Step 5 – Payment of Initial Admission fee: Candidates will have to pay the specified counselling fee of Rs 5000 (Rs 1000 for SC/ SCA/ ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) online through Net banking/ Credit/Debit Card.
Step 6 – Choice filling: Candidates will have to fill in their choice of colleges from TNEA participating institutes and B.Tech programmes offered by them in the order of their priority during this step. Choice filling will be allowed during every round of counselling.
Step 7 – Seat allotment: Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of their merit, choice filling and reservation (wherever applicable). After seat allotment, candidates will be required to download the allotment order. After verifying the allotted college and course as printed on the letter, candidates will have to confirm the seat or exercise the option to upgrade, withdraw as the case may be within the given period of time. Candidates who confirm their seats will have to report to the college and enrol for admission before the given last date.
Important Dates of TNEA 2018 Counselling
|Application dates||May 3 to 30, 2018|
|Random number announcement||June 2018|
|Merit List||June, 2018|
|Counselling and seat allotment||July 2018|
Documents Required during Counselling:
- 10th & 12th Mark Sheet
- 10th & 12th Passing Certificate
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Identity proof
- Six passport size photograph
Salient features of TNEA counselling 2018
- The counselling will be conducted in online mode starting 2018.
- In case of a candidate taking admission in any institution and has deposited all the documents there, he or she would be required to produce a letter from the Head of the Institution to that effect. Such candidates will have to produce attested photocopies of all certificates from the Head of the Institution for verification purposes. The provisional allotment order will be withheld in such a case and will be released only on production of all the original certificates.
- Once the whole procedure of counselling will be over, the counselling fees will be adjusted in the tuition fees. If a candidate does not join after allotment and asks for the refund, only 80% of the amount paid during counselling will be refunded. All the admissions will be provisional.
TNEA 2018 Counselling for Special Cases
- Candidates will have to produce discharge certificates and Ex-Servicemen ID card of their parents, during verification.
- Candidates applying under reservation category for differently abled persons will be required to produce the certificate from the Medical Board of the District concerned, certifying the nature and extent of disability in percentage and with regard to his/her suitability for admission to Engineering Colleges. A separate Board for each category will examine the candidates with reference to their certificates, before TNEA counselling 2018.
- Candidates seeking admission under special reservation categories will also be eligible for admission under general counselling.
- Candidates will have to check their ranks online after Anna University announces the same.
- As per the choice, rank and category of the candidates, the college and the branch will be provisionally allotted through the online counselling.
TNEA Admission 2018:
The TNEA admission process will take place after the successful commencement of the TNEA 2018 counselling. Candidates have to bring their allotment letter & documents during the admission process. Candidates have to report in the allotted Institution & pay the course fee and also complete the admission formalities.
For more details visit official website – tnea.ac.in
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor