SSC CGL 2018: Notification will be released on May 5
SSC CGL 2018: The official notification for the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) 2018 examination will be released by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on the official website — ssc.nic.in. All those who are interested in applying for the same can do so at the website only. Every year, the commission has conducted the CGL examination to fill various posts across the country. The students have to appear in all the four phases of the examination (Tier- 1 to 4) to get a job in the commission.
SSC CGL 2018 – Important dates:
|Online registration process will commence from||05-May-2018|
|Last date to apply||25-May-2018|
|SSC CGL tier -1 Exam Date||25.07.2018 to 20.08.2018 (CBE)|
|SSC CGL tier -1 admit card Download Date||Update Later|
|SSC CGL tier -1 Result Announcing Date||Update Later|
|SSC CGL tier -2 Exam Date||27.11.2018 to 30.11.2018
|SSC CGL tier -2 admit card Download Date||Update Later|
|SSC CGL tier -2 result announcement Date||Update Later|
|SSC CGL tier -3 Examination Date||To be notified later (P-III Des)|
|Date of skill test/interview/computer skill test||—|
Group B posts- Rs 9,300- 34,800
Group C posts- Rs. 5,200- 20,200
Tier 1: It will be a computer-based exam which will have 25 questions of 50 marks each for general intelligence, reasoning, general awareness, quantitative aptitude and English comprehension. Candidates will have an hour to answer the questions to score a maximum of 200 marks. There will be a negative marking of 0.5 for each wrong answer.
Tier 2: It will contain questions on Quantitative Abilities, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics and General Studies (Finance and Economics). The candidates will have two hours to score a total of 800 marks (200 per section). There will be negative marking of 0.5 for each wrong answer in all sections except English which will have a negative marking of 0.25.
Tier 3: It will be a descriptive language paper in Hindi or English in which candidates will have an hour to write essays, letters and long pieces for 100 marks.
Tier 4: It will be a skill test.
SSC CGL 2018 Syllabus:
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus:
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CGL 2018, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The time duration of Tier-1 will be 60 minutes. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes|
- There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2018 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus:
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2018, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
- Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
- Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
- Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
- There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2018 Tier 2 exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
- Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level.
- The computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose. Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Key-board.
- The exam duration is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus:
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. It is conducted offline and candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
- The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
- The questions are based on 10+2 level.
- The exam is qualifying in nature.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam Syllabus:
The Tier 4 of SSC CGL Exam 2018 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
1. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): This skill test is of qualifying nature for all the posts, other than Compiler, and is used to check the typing speed of the candidate. The candidates are given printed matter in English which they must accurately type on a computer with a minimum of 2000 (two thousand) key depressions in a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
2. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules – Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS(Assistant), MEA(Assistant), Inspector (Central Excise) [CBEC], Inspector (Preventive officer)[CBEC] & Inspector (Examiner)[CBEC]. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.
Set up in November 4, 1975, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) works under the Government of India and recruits staff for several posts in the various Ministries and Departments of the Government of India and in Subordinate Offices. It has his headquarter at New Delhi, with regional offices at Allahabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, and other cities.
Bookmark this page using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + D to refer to this page and check your results and other exam-related updates. All the Best!
Best wishes – Gc tutor